LMM: DPF Delete Help

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I've got a friend that just got a LMM truck, it was wrecked an my buddy rebuilt it. DPF was chopped off in the wreck, now it's just straight exhaust (Far as I know). It has the "Engine Power Reduced" message. I figure because of the DPF obviously.

I'm just going to program his computer for the DPF Delete. I've never done this, does anyone have a stock LMM tune with a DPF delete? Or can someone tell me the parameters to modify?

:)

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
{B2501} set to "NO"

DTC Enablers to set to X: Not Reported, No MIL
P2033-2032
P0420
P2455-2454
P0546-545
P2002
P244D
P244B
P20E2
P2453
P2463
P1448

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Well. I ran into a few issues today. First, I started by pulling the stock tune and Deleting the DPF and turning the MIL's off.

Got in the truck. Reduced Engine Power was gone, so that was a plus.

We got it to his house on a wrecker as it was in limp mode because of the DPF being gone...

Going down the road the truck will not rev past 2500 RPMs no matter what. I tried another tune from the DP library, just a moderate tune to make sure it was nothing I was doing. Still wouldn't shift past that.

After the 5th "punch" on the throttle, it finally threw 3 codes:

B2978 "(Left Front/Driver or generic) Door Ajar Circuit Low" ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"
P2033 "Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 2" P ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"
P0546 "Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 1" P ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"

and also a Low Fuel Rail Pressure Code.

Engine Power Reduced came back on, cleared that and still wouldn't shift past 2500RPMS.

I'm lost.

Heres the stock tune with the DPF delete done attached.

Last edited:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I've got a friend that just got a LMM truck, it was wrecked an my buddy rebuilt it. DPF was chopped off in the wreck, now it's just straight exhaust (Far as I know). It has the "Engine Power Reduced" message. I figure because of the DPF obviously.

I'm just going to program his computer for the DPF Delete. I've never done this, does anyone have a stock LMM tune with a DPF delete? Or can someone tell me the parameters to modify?

:)

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3509

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
Damn......So the way i understand the truck is just now getting on the road after being rebuilt from the wreck, right? Did any sensor or wiring get damaged from the wreck?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Damn......So the way i understand the truck is just now getting on the road after being rebuilt from the wreck, right? Did any sensor or wiring get damaged from the wreck?

Correct. Was hit on the front, everything was redone with GM parts. The motor wasn't touched, it was a light hit. He had carried it to the dealership and they told him it was in "Reduced Power Mode" because of the filter. So my buddy called me, I told him I could take care of him with the EFIlive I have.

So, we had no way of knowing if it was working fine or not, DPF was gone before the rebuild.

Motor runs fine, pulls hard down low, then when you get to 2500, it shifts and goes to the next gear just fine. Like factory shifting is at 2500 instead of 3250.

Also, if it was bad sensor/wiring, I would think we might have a CEL for it. But none beside the DPF ones I missed.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2006
TN
I agree, you should have a CEL if a sensor circuit isn't complete....

Yea..

I'm out of options. The only thing I can think of is to change the fuel filter in the morning, do a full flash of a stock tune of the same OS from here. And see what happens.

I'm open to any other suggestions/ideas.

Last edited:

SEAN LMM

Sep 17, 2009
Ankeny, Iowa
I must have gotten a bad tank of gas last week. My fuel filter read 0% life at 7,200 miles. I noticed this after getting to work. On the way home on the interstate, my truck went to reduced power and would only run 50-55 miles an hour. I changed the filter that night and all was good.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Bump!

Full Flashed with the Same OS. I even went to B0792 and raised that up.

No more DPF codes or Engine Power Reduced.

Still won't go over 2500 RPMS. :mad:

I called Guy Tripp, he told me to check the TCM, that where it gets the shifts. TCM is all stock, shifts look great.

I'm lost. :(