DPC 2019 Voting

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I know DPC is not insnanely popular on this forum but I thought I would let everyone know that 2 members for sure are in the voting! They would be myself (Brad Sankey) and Richard Coker (coker6365).

This truck was never built to be a “show” vehicle, it was built for quite the opposite. My intent with this build is to make a sleeper that looks like it should belong in a high school parking lot. While some may think that is dumb, it is not a new concept. Sleepers vehicles have been around for decades, just not anywhere near as popular in the diesel community.

Some importing information was left out from what I had typed on of the info on the entry sheet so I’ll clarify.

1) Engine: CP-Carrillo hybrid rotating assembly, SoCal 6480AF cam, Suncoast Flexplate, Fluidampr dampener, SoCal pushrods, SoCal beehive springs, ARP fasteners throughout

2) Intake/exhaust: The truck has a HSP S400 kit with a t6 pedestal. It has MBRP exhaust to a home-fabbed stack setup

3) Transmission: it has a Goerend J 3000 stall converter, defeo 6 pinion p2 planet, billet input/intermediate/output, ratio-tek pump kit, suncoast build kit and some other fun bits put together by Blown Black Performance.

3) Differentials/Gears: It has 3.42 gears as well as a front e-locker and Yukon truetrac in the rear with Yukon 4340 shafts.

5) Tuning: Tuning is handled by Duramax Tuner/Calibrated Power Solutions

6) The truck will likely have a 480/96/1.10 T6 turbo from Forced Inductions on it for this upcoming year.

Attachments

• IMG_3166.jpg
    IMG_3166.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 107

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Your torque numbers are damn good. Makes me jealous. Just remember. Do it to have fun.

That 820/1748 is 20psi low on boost. After I got a tune update I went from ~60psi to 72psi and climbing when the bullseye 475 comp wheel exploded. On the dyno at duramax tuner I recorded a max of ~51-52psi measured in the y-bridge on an Edge 0-100psi sensor. On the streets of Mexico (post tune adjustment) 68-70psi was pretty normal with the puny HSP S400 air filter installed. Filter off it picked up even more boost.

Correct, I'm not counting on a win or anything. I am outgunned in the overall HP game with some of the sure fire entries (Richard being one of them). I mainly want to use this event (if I make it of course) as a time to build more connections in the enthusiast world and show more guys that it doesn't take some big name shop to put your truck together and it doesn't have to be a show truck to have fun.

Take what you have and enjoy it, because at the end of the day thats all any of us want to do.

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Intake_off.jpg
    Intake_off.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Carnage.jpg
    Carnage.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 67

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved to "National Events" section.

I stopped paying attention to DPC after the Tomac years.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Richard Coker is also in the voting. This is his third and last year to try to get in. He is putting off his weight reduction plans because they don't allow fiberglass in the DPC.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Richard Coker is also in the voting. This is his third and last year to try to get in. He is putting off his weight reduction plans because they don't allow fiberglass in the DPC.

Yup! I listed him as well in the top post. Hoping we can leverage the forum a bit to try and get two of our own in. 3 GM spots to fill, 4 to pick from.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yup! I listed him as well in the top post. Hoping we can leverage the forum a bit to try and get two of our own in. 3 GM spots to fill, 4 to pick from.

Shows how closely I read! Lol. Good luck!

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Thanks! Hoping both Richard and myself make it in!

I ordered my Billet ETR 480/96/1.10 T6 with V2 race cover from Forced Inductions last Wednesday (1/13) so I should have it in a week or so.
Are you planning on using NOS? It always seems that everyone that has a big single never does that great in the driving events because of the altitude.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Are you planning on using NOS? It always seems that everyone that has a big single never does that great in the driving events because of the altitude.

I'm using a purge solenoid as a spool jet wired into the horn circuit since my horn doesn't work anyway. I will have a 0.120 solenoid on a button as well as two NX300 solenoids on a progressive 2 stage controller.

Realistically, the only two events that will pose a problem with a big single is going to be the fuel economy test and the obstacle course. All other events I am able to make sure the thing is spooled and ready to go. I am also not changing gears (planning on going to 3.42s) until after DPC (if I make it). The 3.73 should help me.

My goal is to drive the truck the last 200miles or so to get a feeling for exactly how bad the air is going to be on the truck.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Here is the voting results as of today.

Dodge:
1. Seth Kuntz (97 p-pump)(#4)
2. Cody Lambert (06)(#5)
3. Andrew McCane (06)(#7)

Ford:
1. Jason Brown (03 f250, 6L)(#12)
2. Darren Dutton (09 f350)(#14)
3. Matt Maier (97 f250)(#16)

GM:
1. Richard Coker (06 LBZ)(#20)
2. Billy Hartzell (08 LMM)(#21)
3. Brad Sankey (05 LLY)(#22)

Alt: Steven Lucero (06 dodge)(#6)

Last edited:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
We will see you there!

Just gotta get the POS running first. Here is the list thats left:

1) Put in pushlock hose (all fittings/etc installed, just run hose)
2) Wire supply pump (harness made for pump end, just gotta do underhood side)
3) Put in HOBBS switch for fuelab speed control
4) Put TQ converter bolts in
5) Put starter in
6) Fill trans
7) Fill t-case
8) Change trans cooler (have a Mishimoto)
9) Put in new pedestal
10) Bolt in new charger/downpipe
11) Put on manifold heat blankets
12) Put on turbine housing blanket
13) Make TCM mount since I'm using the van t-stat cover
14) Route belt for dual fueler/van housing
15) Put my tires (315/75r16 BFG MT KM2) onto my pro-comp 16x10 wheels
16) Change front/rear diff fluids
17) Cut brake rotors/check pads
18) Change front driveshaft u-joints
19) Come up with some type of driveshaft restraints in case it blows (if I have time)
20) Get new air filter(s)
21) Clean intercooler/radiator

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Just gotta get the POS running first. Here is the list thats left:

1) Put in pushlock hose (all fittings/etc installed, just run hose)

2) Wire supply pump (harness made for pump end, just gotta do underhood side)

3) Put in HOBBS switch for fuelab speed control

4) Put TQ converter bolts in

5) Put starter in

6) Fill trans

7) Fill t-case

8) Change trans cooler (have a Mishimoto)

9) Put in new pedestal

10) Bolt in new charger/downpipe

11) Put on manifold heat blankets

12) Put on turbine housing blanket

13) Make TCM mount since I'm using the van t-stat cover

14) Route belt for dual fueler/van housing

15) Put my tires (315/75r16 BFG MT KM2) onto my pro-comp 16x10 wheels

16) Change front/rear diff fluids

17) Cut brake rotors/check pads

18) Change front driveshaft u-joints

19) Come up with some type of driveshaft restraints in case it blows (if I have time)

20) Get new air filter(s)

21) Clean intercooler/radiator

Sounds like your pretty much ready.