Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Figured I would start this thread now that we arrived problem-free, for once, ready to go out and start learning to tune for altitude. I'll tell you what though, we learned first-hand that without the challenges that we had to overcome the last week to get here, it would just be a Diesel Power event....no challenge....

We are staying at the Marriott Denver West in Golden. It looks as if John Weatherby's truck is the only other one here so far. Hope John Kennedy makes it without issue. We drove through some nasty clouds and rain in Iowa earlier and it's raining now in Denver.

Myself, Ben, Wally, and Jon drove 3/4 the way across the country to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Evan and I rebuilt the trans Friday, installed the dual CP3s, and we took care of some loose ends throughout the week. We pulled an all-nighter friday night to install the trans and by 6:30 I had it on the trailer finally. Unfortunately, not without a hitch: I had filled it with fluid and backed it out to load it and it limped when put into Drive. E shift Solenoid stuck closed.....bullshit....drained the fluid again, pulled the VB, checked the valve and it was definitely frozen...not sure what changed but o well, luckily i was able to pull the top half of the core VB off quick and swap it on. problem solved.