Does the cummins have enough?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I got a guy with his Dodge crew cab that wants a little bit of my D-Max. I keep putting him off hoping he will spend some money first. He just wants to see how close he will come to me before he spends enough to hopefully get faster than I am. Should I just show him or just keep putting him off?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
He got a turbo, smarty tuner, intake, intake elbow, exhaust manifold, lift pump, twin cp3 lock-up for tranny, tranny and exhaust. He is running higher 12's and claims 7,s in the eight now. I don't buy the 7's. He ran 8.2's last time I saw him at the track. He says that he is just tuning it a little bit and it's just responding with better times. His goal is to out run me

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Show up with 6 people in your truck and tell him "lets get it on"!

Smoke his a$$ then he will be wondering how much more you would have beat him if you had just a driver in your truck. That way he never truly knows how fast you are...

Thats what i do.

oh, get a video and post it up on youtube. That is always fun to do.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Newly has a vid on You Tube with 6 fat chicks in his bed, racein a Pinto:D

Oh and just go ahead and wax this guy. Don't feel bad he ran his mouth so see if he can back it up.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
have you ran at the track yet with your current setup? I bet with that huge lift and tires you're around 12.8's

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
have you ran at the track yet with your current setup? I bet with that huge lift and tires you're around 12.8's

i have talked with Shane before and i think he may hit low 12's on some 34" tires . he has alot of goodies under the hood .if he doesnt now i know he will when his S300 gets a friend to play with :cool:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Trent, I no when the 300 gets a big sister she will be rough on the neighborhood. I guess the Dodge going to have to put up or shut up.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Newly has a vid on You Tube with 6 fat chicks in his bed, racein a Pinto:D

Oh and just go ahead and wax this guy. Don't feel bad he ran his mouth so see if he can back it up.

Yea, your current girl friend and all her friends wanted to ride in a real truck....your 437hp isnt enough for them. I couldnt fit the fatties in my cab so i threw them some twinkies in the bed. :rofl:

Shane, lose the lift and those heavy a$$ wide wheels! Knock some time off your current 1/4 mile time!

Last edited:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I have thought about ditching the lift. It does get old climbing up into that thing. I will be dynoing it again soon and hope to see a big improvement from my first pulls.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I have thought about ditching the lift. It does get old climbing up into that thing. I will be dynoing it again soon and hope to see a big improvement from my first pulls.

I've you are into racing and hell even pulling I would ditch the lift in a hear beat. It is hard on everything.

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi
i say smoke him with the lift then when his bank account goes threw the roof pull the lift and smoke him again!!!:D it gets annoying with dodge boys!!!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I ran my truck for the first time last weekend and with traction problems it ran 7.9's at 88. It will be a much better 1/4 truck and I'll get a chance soon to try he 1/4 out. Hoping for some high 11's.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
I ran my truck for the first time last weekend and with traction problems it ran 7.9's at 88. It will be a much better 1/4 truck and I'll get a chance soon to try he 1/4 out. Hoping for some high 11's.
ust so you know you are gonna need a much better 8th mile for an 11 sec pass.a good rule of thumb is multiply your 8th mile time by 1.557ish and it will give you a good estimate of 1/4 time.not a bad mph for the time you have the hp to go quicker just gotta hook it to the track...

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
ust so you know you are gonna need a much better 8th mile for an 11 sec pass.a good rule of thumb is multiply your 8th mile time by 1.557ish and it will give you a good estimate of 1/4 time.not a bad mph for the time you have the hp to go quicker just gotta hook it to the track...

Yes, I know I need a better 1/8 time to get there bro. I just had enough traction and suspension issues that I believe I will be able to get there with the setup I have now. Time will tell but with the upcoming improvements that I plan on doing I will certainly be there plus some.