Dmax vs. VortecMax

scagboy

Feb 15, 2008
will do i wasmlooking for your tune you told me you have on here where can i find it at? been looking for it in tune library but no success whats it named under?

scagboy

Feb 15, 2008
ok thanks ill have to send you the TCM tom. dont have laptop with me right now. my race with the vortec max is still on for this weekend hopefully no problems lol

scagboy

Feb 15, 2008
no but a few guys on the bench racing thread at dieselplace say that im gonna limp they dont believe im putting 480rwhp on a stock alli. they are saying a alli wont hold it.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
no but a few guys on the bench racing thread at dieselplace say that im gonna limp they dont believe im putting 480rwhp on a stock alli. they are saying a alli wont hold it.

You want me to send you a DVD from the dyno day or timeslips? :D

By no means am I the only one, other guys have done it as well...

scagboy

Feb 15, 2008
i believe you im running the same tune and im very happy with it. wish my mileage was better but that could be bc i cant keep my foot out of the pedal lol. yea you can send it to me. i guess those guys are idiots and dont know what they're talking about.

scagboy

Feb 15, 2008
yea well i guess im gonna have to race then let them know whats up. i did a couple of boosted launches yesterday like you told me to do by boosting up to1900 rpms in 2wd and never once got a limp but i never had it at full throttle either id say it was more like 3/4 throttle

scagboy

Feb 15, 2008
well i ordered my sleeves and braces from kat yesterday thats why i didnt do 4wd launching. i havent ordered the lift pump yet but i prolly will here soon do i really need it will it help out alot more? but in 2wd with 305's should i of spun more than i did i mean i did spin but not enough to make them start smoking

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I can do a pretty good boosted launch in 2WD without turning the 305-50-20 tires much at all, you just have to pedal into it - but it still doesn't compare in the least to a 4WD launch. In 4WD it's like a race car letting off the trans brake when you launch. Just be sure you disable the p1093 limp mode caused by low fuel rail pressure so that you don't get that limp part-way down the track. If you haven't already, tune your TCM to where you don't hit 5th until 80+ mph on T/H mode at WOT and lengthen the shift time a little so it eases into 5th a little easier then adjust 6th accordingly (I don't have 6th to know what speed to tell you there). The only time I have limped the trans is when i hit 5th too hard or matted it in 5th on my hot tune. If you threw in a Transgo Jr you would raise line pressure and have even more power holding ability.