DirecTV dropping Fox Networks

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
This happens all the time. As networks contracts run out they broadcast it to get people to demand that they keep such and such channels so that the network can use this to get more money in negotiations with the cable or satelite provider in the end driving your cable bill up. This just happened a short while back with ESPN, CBS, and a few others as well.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I just got Directv not too long ago and if they drop Fox im gonna be heated. I watch a lot of shows on there

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
I feel your pain. I have dish and this happened to me last year with season 2 of sons of anarchy. It lasted a week and was back on in time to finish out the season. I was jacked when i heard i was losing FX.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Can't you watch the shows on the INTERNET anyway? You can even hook your computer up to your set. I don't care much for satellite TV About a year ago I dumped my cable subscriber as the price keep rising ,they keep changing the channel line up,they keep dropping channels and then making you add packages to get channels back. I had enough!

I switched to AT&T U-verse and it's the bomb! Better quality picture and they keep adding features WITHOUT price increases! Luv'in it!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I could research it but will you tell more about this AT&T U-verse. Never heard of it but am always willing to entertain a better & cheaper service. :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
AT&T is our phone company,local long distance here in CT. In addition they offer INTERNET ,cell phone and fiber optic television. They have their gimmick of 'bundling' services they offer. The more you subscribe to the cheaper it is. Anyway in the last 3/4/5 years they got into the TV market.

I don't know if AT&T is in your area. looks like they do.

http://www.attsavings.com/att-uverse-lawrenceburg-ky.html

IMO it was worth the switch. In almost a year it has worked flawlessly. I personally have the home phone (which you do not need to have the services by the way) INTERNET and TV bundle. I have Verizon as my cell phone carrier.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Thanks. I'll look into it. We do have AT&T in the area and even have them as our cell phone provider. Which, if they don't hard-wire us in, I doubt their service at my house will be worth much if its off of the cell towers because our phones barely have service here at the house (down in a hole).

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
I have dish network, we lost our local channels for a couple of days about 7 months ago. Contract negotiations...

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
AT&T is our phone company,local long distance here in CT. In addition they offer INTERNET ,cell phone and fiber optic television. They have their gimmick of 'bundling' services they offer. The more you subscribe to the cheaper it is. Anyway in the last 3/4/5 years they got into the TV market.

I don't know if AT&T is in your area. looks like they do.

http://www.attsavings.com/att-uverse-lawrenceburg-ky.html

IMO it was worth the switch. In almost a year it has worked flawlessly. I personally have the home phone (which you do not need to have the services by the way) INTERNET and TV bundle. I have Verizon as my cell phone carrier.

They don't offer high speed internet where I live, and if you have to deal with customer service you would be better off slitting your wrists.

Not saying Charter Cable is great, but with 3 teenager, 2 Xbox's running, 4 wireless laptops and 4 smart phones, I can't deal with a up to 6MB DSL connection when I have a 25MB cable connection and can get up to 60MB for a little more $$$.

Throw in simultaneous Net Flix movies on two TV's and DSL would have a heart attack.

;)

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What can I say it works for me and you cannot please everyone. For the average normal household 24mbps is sufficient. For me Comcast ,in my area, for INTERNET services was the PITS. Slow and worse was inconstancy. It would work then lose the connection work ditto ditto. Absolutely horrible! I recall when you were saving a buck and had garbled INTERNET phone. :rolleyes:

As far as customer service if you quality products and consistent operation of products you shouldn't have to call them. Although agreed IMO all customer service sucks as they have out sourced to foreign countries like India. Whether it's cable or telephone they have ALL gone that way so there is no getting away from it. So what I do during the conversation which is far and few between with AT&T I make it as difficult as they do and act like a robot talking off a teleprompter.

I just keep going huh? What did you say? Repeat please and continue to ask to speak to a higher up. But like I said in nearly a year I haven't had to call them nor have I before I had TV service,lucky me, you just must be a pain in the ass! :D

So stick with your shitty cable! Others have moved on to bigger and better things! :roflmao:

Wont be long you'll be switching and wont have to be bitch'in! :D