Diesel Power Challenge results

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
OK, the pouting is complete, so...... CONGRATS DIMITRI!!!! Well deserved brother! You brought a true powerhouse and did what you had to do to earn the win. You and the crew were great competitors and more important, great guys.
CONGRATS DUSTIN!!! That was really a solid, consistent, performance, and I think your truck above all others, represents the all around daily driver/power house that alot of guys strive for. Congrats to your wife and crew as well. Great people.
Also, a couple quick congrats to Brian Jelich with the most impressive powerstoke I've ever seen, and Brian Parker with his beast of a Dodge! I was there when Brian was told the victory was his, and again when he was told that a mistake had been made. In the end, under those circumstances, he handled the situation better than most of us would have.
Congrats guys!

See ya at The Edge Dimitri.....you better find room for a third turbo:D

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
It was BS. And the whole not enforcing rules just to move the event along was BS as well.

Will be nice when we can find out where everyone placed in each event. As far as enforcing the rules, that is not a new issue with this event. And I for one think it is the event's biggest short coming. You can't change or bend the rules during the event because it is not longer fair to all the competitors. The original intent of the event is to fine and showcase the best all around diesel trucks in the country. It has become way more than that. I do not agree that equipment changes should be allowed. No tire changes, no adding weight, no anything other than tuning, suspension adjustments and tire pressure change should be allowed. Using torque as the only part of a dyno test is stupid. Use the hp as well in some fashion. I think adding the two for a number is the best, incase of a tie use the torque number if you as a tie breaker. If I had my way NOS would not be allowed either, but that would never fly.

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
thank you eveyone for all your post and comments and support it means alot:hug::hug: Tim thank you for coming , had you not came i would not have made it buddy thank you. Chris, also know as JD, thank you for everything, had you not been a part of my crew we never would have made it, thanks again chris:hug: I dont know where to even start talking about the week and weekend or the trip home ha ha what a 10 day ride is all i have to say :rofl: It was an incredible faught competition to all and crews, i have never had so much fun and got to meet so many great people, my hats off to camomax and his wife were two of the greatest people i have ever met and wow what a running truck he brought with him very impressive matt:hug: dustin and crew congrats, you guys did awsome, you know how people say will have vegas dustin? well will have that trailer tow:rofl::rofl: Congrats to brian and crew that dodge was an awsome running truck, and a nice competitor to be around, he has alot of heart for the game, and a stand up kid congrats man:hug: Coal and his first jen dodge and crew, WOW what a truck to be aroud and have the privlage to compete against, thank you for your guys help on my water pump at 2 in the morning in nashville at some gas station in the middle of the night:rofl: i couldnt have got that fixed with out you guys:hug: Im not sure what the guys name is with the 7.3 but holly chit what a running truck, that thing was off the hook, congrats to you and your crew, you deserve it:hug:

Last edited:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
there is so much left to say about the weekend i cant even sum it up, thank you dan and joe at ppe what an amazing twin kit they put on my truck, i have never just put something on my truck and had it work so great, i did not even have ten minutes on that new set up before i put my truck on the dyno, i cant thank you enough for your help and support:hug::hug: Mike L, thank you for everything had it not been for your help on my transmission we never would have pulled through that event, you are the trans man, thank you again it held like a dream:hug: Matt at gillett diesel, thank you for my tab buddy:D:rofl: had i not got those injectors from you i would have never gone, thank you again:hug: to all involved with my truck and help throuh the years thank you for everything :hug::hug: Rick lance RDL himself:D thank you for the awsome headers that hold great:hug: Diesel power and there crew to put an event on, of such a high level of competiotion, and keep it inline to the best of there abilitie, hats off to all involved with that mag and what they try to do every year to give diesel heads like us something to look forward to, it cant be easy and you guys deserve all the credit you can get, congrats:hug::hug:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Congrats Dmitri and all others that competed. I got to meet Dmitri and Tim for the first time in person over the weekend, and we had a pretty good time. I have a pretty good picture of the DPC winner himself i might have to post up.:D We also got a pretty funny look by the house keeping ladies when we were rolling his slicks out of our room this morning down the hall way of the hotel.:rofl:

rhall him self, what a party animal :rofl::rofl:you better just leave those pics on your phone, or ill show the pics of your dance partner:rofl::D nice to meat you and tim, you guys are awsome to hang out and party with i dont think ive ever laughed so hard in my life:rofl:, will be coming back your way for sure, get ready to party again

maxthis

Jun 14, 2007
Southeastern, Indiana
Congrats on the win! It was nice to meet you or what I remember of it from the Laquinta parking lot anyways..Lol, I was pretty smashed....looking forward to reading about your truck!:thumb:

-Ronnie

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
OK, the pouting is complete, so...... CONGRATS DIMITRI!!!! Well deserved brother! You brought a true powerhouse and did what you had to do to earn the win. You and the crew were great competitors and more important, great guys.
CONGRATS DUSTIN!!! That was really a solid, consistent, performance, and I think your truck above all others, represents the all around daily driver/power house that alot of guys strive for. Congrats to your wife and crew as well. Great people.
Also, a couple quick congrats to Brian Jelich with the most impressive powerstoke I've ever seen, and Brian Parker with his beast of a Dodge! I was there when Brian was told the victory was his, and again when he was told that a mistake had been made. In the end, under those circumstances, he handled the situation better than most of us would have.
Congrats guys!

See ya at The Edge Dimitri.....you better find room for a third turbo:D

:D a third turbo :eek: im out of room :rofl: matt again, what a pleasure meeting you and your wife, thank you for the nos, for the slep pull, i guess the 40 pounds i brought was not enough:rofl: Its meeting people such as your self that gives everone a reason to put a name with a face when they meet, your truck is awsome 6.78 1/8 you are the man what a hell of a run, congrats again matt, see ya at edge have a safe trip out :hug:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
rhall him self, what a party animal :rofl::rofl:you better just leave those pics on your phone, or ill show the pics of your dance partner:rofl::D nice to meat you and tim, you guys are awsome to hang out and party with i dont think ive ever laughed so hard in my life:rofl:, will be coming back your way for sure, get ready to party again

Im down for whatever :D. Definately, we got some big events here in missouri, and also you need to come back out east for scheids, you and tim both, its way better than TS was this year imo. Let me know man!

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Good to see you made it home man. I was worried Tim's new girlfriend might have delayed your departure :rofl:
Come back whenever you can bud, I'm planning on scheids.

What's coming up in MO Rob ?

giterdirty06

Diesel Junkie
Mar 16, 2009
Utah
Im down for whatever :D. Definately, we got some big events here in missouri, and also you need to come back out east for scheids, you and tim both, its way better than TS was this year imo. Let me know man!

Hell yeah man we will be headin out that way for sure! It was fun hangin out with you and Tim

giterdirty06

Diesel Junkie
Mar 16, 2009
Utah
Good to see you made it home man. I was worried Tim's new girlfriend might have delayed your departure :rofl:
Come back whenever you can bud, I'm planning on scheids.

What's coming up in MO Rob ?

Ha ha:rofl: we made it out of there around 10 or so