Diesel Power Challenge 2012!

JQmile

Jul 6, 2007
Ok guys, I know May is a long ways away, but we need entries for Diesel Power Challenge 2012!! Normally everyone waits until the last minute to enter (probably around February) but since we’re doing the voting this time, everyone needs to enter RIGHT NOW or else you won’t get to be in the mag.

For those who are less Internet literate, I have included a spec sheet you can copy and paste and send to [email protected] along with a picture. Any questions just email the same address, and put “DPC 2012” in the subject line, so I know what you’re emailing me about. Good luck guys, and thanks!

PS-remember too, that an 800rwhp truck won last year, so you don't need to buy the space shuttle and convert it to diesel to enter and have a chance.

Jason Sands
Associate Editor
Diesel Power Magazine

VEHICLE OWNER
Name:
Street:
Address:
City:
State:
ZIP code:
Daytime phone number:
Club, website, or racing organization you belong to:
Email address:
Website address:
HAVE YOU… (YES OR NO)
Ever been on a chassis dyno?
Entered a sled pull?
Competed in a drag race?
Towed a trailer?
Modified or repaired vehicles yourself?
VEHICLE
Year:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Body style:
Drive (2x4 or 4x4):
SRW or DRW:
Odometer reading:
Estimated fuel economy:
ENGINE
Type:
Size:
Estimated horsepower:
Estimated torque:
Turbocharger(s):
Programmer, chip, or box:
Injectors:
Injection pump:
Intercooler
Air intake:
Propane injection:
Nitrous oxide:
Water/methanol:
Lift pump
Exhaust system:
Other power-adders:
Exhaust brake:
TRANSMISSION
Automatic or manual:
Clutch or torque converter:
Internal modifications:
SUSPENSION
Lifted or lowered:
Height lifted or lowered:
Shocks:
Custom modifications:
TIRES AND WHEELS
Tire brand:
Tire size:
Wheel type:
Wheel size:
MISCELLANEOUS
Type of bumper (front and rear):
Trailer hitch type and rating:
Axle gear ratio:
Differential type (front and rear):
Brakes:
Interior modifications:

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Why don't you guys at DP run your own built truck in this? The Truckin' mag built that Novakane truck from free parts and labor from all kinds of places it looked like. The end results I'm not sure were even worth their efforts after the expenses they listed and the time spent to just autocross. etc. Point is you tell readers how to uprate their trucks but none of your mag trucks ever show in the comp tests much. The Challenge is what you need to demonstrate all the talent your staff has to be in the mix of who else shows. I can't afford to ruin my truck doing that stuff in the Challenge but many others will do it that's great. Had a subscription for lots of yrs. on your mag and always wondered why you can't be in this mix every year. No need to reply just wanted to tell you it was a question I had after all the Challenges you had. Good luck...

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Why don't you guys at DP run your own built truck in this? The Truckin' mag built that Novakane truck from free parts and labor from all kinds of places it looked like. The end results I'm not sure were even worth their efforts after the expenses they listed and the time spent to just autocross. etc. Point is you tell readers how to uprate their trucks but none of your mag trucks ever show in the comp tests much. The Challenge is what you need to demonstrate all the talent your staff has to be in the mix of who else shows. I can't afford to ruin my truck doing that stuff in the Challenge but many others will do it that's great. Had a subscription for lots of yrs. on your mag and always wondered why you can't be in this mix every year. No need to reply just wanted to tell you it was a question I had after all the Challenges you had. Good luck...

Biggest reason i see them not doin that is that if their rig won, there might be some pplclaiming foul or that is was rigged.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Ok so who should we be voting for? Just got my diesel power mag....looks like some strong compatition!!

Myself and my friend James Dow are both in there, we have both built our trucks ourselves, both of us have have helped others with their trucks when ours have needed work, and both of us have no intention of letting this be our last bid in the diesel performance world, we've been here for a while and we are here to stay.

Thanks,
Tim Judd

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
Thanks Tim , as he said I've done everything on my truck myself except paint it, and machine the short block. I built the trans, I plumbed the twins, tuned it etc. all on a limited budget, appreciate any and all support.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Lol, hey now, my pic was taken while staging at the freyburg pull in Maine last October:poke: ...also where I learned that my lift pump was too small and where I learned a heat treated stainless hitch point is best:eek:

Dave L Weaver

Apr 5, 2011
Chester County Pa
Myself and my friend James Dow are both in there, we have both built our trucks ourselves, both of us have have helped others with their trucks when ours have needed work, and both of us have no intention of letting this be our last bid in the diesel performance world, we've been here for a while and we are here to stay.

Thanks,
Tim Judd
Both or ur trucks look built well. There r alot of high hp fords that could put some fight on! But then again last year the 1000 hp guys broke so if ur bullit proof n consistent u guys have a chance:thumb: Any of the other d max guys on this forum?

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Dpc 2012

I think there is a few numbers a little high not only the fords. I also question how theres a few who have been in it before and I was told only one time. I believe Pat was also told the same thing.