Denali Light Upgrade

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
What all do I need to upgrade to the denali look on my 01? The denali light shells and a grill shell or just the lights? I know I need some HID lights, but I want the right shells/reflecors to do it right.
Thanks in advance

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I have Denali projectors that are cleared(orange reflectors taken out). 6000k HID's in them and the cutoff is pretty good for me and other drivers, not as good as a projector retrofit but more than good enough in my opinion.

Do you want to do the Denali grill shell and bumper or just the lights?

It could get quite expensive :( Denali projectors are something like 600 bucks new. I got mine for 200 off another forum.

edit: here are a couple pictures of my setup.

DSC_5369.jpg

DSC_5653-1.jpg

I have 6000k HID's in my lows and fogs

DSC_5669.jpg

Last edited:

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Those look awesome!
To put it bluntly, I hit a deer with my race truck a year or so ago and it broke my LH light mount somewhere so it kind of "wobbles" when I hit some hard bumps. I hit a cow that really pissed me off last week a litte harder than I meant to (she always likes to get out, and I've had enough chasing on foot through cornfields!) with my work truck and it broke my RH mount (the light is held up by the grill now) and bent the hood a little. I just thought I would buy the denali setup for the good truck and put the good RH light off of it onto my work truck.
The grill is broke from the deer also, but just on the corner. It doesnt have to be replaced, I just thought it did to do the lights for some reason.
I got the wifey an escalade a couple of months ago and I just love the lighting in it and want to do something like that to my good truck.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Last edited:

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
I went cheap.

I got the Denali headlight housings from ebay, then put HIR bulbs in them. I was told by the max lumens guy that the HID would work in the Denali projectors but since they were not designed for HID they wouldn't work 100%. IDK. He said something about getting an Acura projector housing and putting it into the Denali headlight.:confused: I'm not that ambitious when it comes to non=performance mods.

Basically, Denali headlights, HIR bulbs in all 4 = way better than stock headlights for $300 total. I don't even have the "all on high" mod done. I like it, especially since we have 20 hours of night now.;)

Also, GMC trucks look about 1000 x better with Denali headlights, me thinks.

lovette

Jan 6, 2008
I have Denali headlights with HIR's in the high beams and 4300K HID's in the lows. Diode all-4 on mod. Works great.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Hey Cornell are yours factory or aftermarket? I want to get some but I don't want the damn halo's or led's in them and thats about all I can find aftermarket

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Will the denali lights mod work of the old 02 body style?

:yup:

I really need to get something going. I bought a set of TYC projectors from stylintrucks.com and the POS's didnt last a month before both low beam projectors quit on me.
Basically my OEM lights are busted all to hell where the two pins go through them to hold them securely and GM is over $300 a light for OEM replacements so Im just going to upgrade while I have the chance.
So what exactly do I need to do to make this work on my 01?
Get denali projectors/housings off of what year vehicles? 01-04 is my guess? Do I need a new grille then also? Same model years? Bumper?

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
They will fit 01-07 (07 classic) GMC body. I've run them for years now (lights from the Denali). Just plug them in (the ones I do are the originals and arn't aftermarket though). No grill change required on any I've done. The factory lights didn't cut it for me.

Last edited:

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
So just go order some classic body style denali lights and I'll be OK? I notice you said GMC body, will they not work on a straight chevy?

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Reason I ask is b/c I know my 01 GMC headlights will not fit into my 01 chevy (I tried already since GMC is on jackstands). I'm thinking im in the same boat? So then I have to look at going to a whole GMC front end?

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
That stinks cuz my dad would love better lights in his truck, and I was thinking maybe like a birthday or christmas or something if it wasn't too expensive +- 300.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
at least a new hood, grille, and bumper. All are different on the GMC... I'm about 60% sure the fenders are the same for the 01-02 Chevy and Classic GMC though. Maybe not though???

Yeah, it's gonna be extensive to get GMC Denali headlights on a Chevy. They are dang sexy though!!!

C-ya