LB7: Deleting stock filter head when running airdog?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You won't have any issues unless you forget to make sure all the lines are absolutely clean. It should help with fuel to the cp3 and help with some recovery time.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
I don't know where you live, but for "some" reason, there were a lot of guys up here in the northeast this year that had gelling problems with there filter. Part of it had to be our fuel, because I never gell and had two gum up on me (stock filter). But when I was at the shop, he said there was a rash of just the air dog filter gumming up. I know they were talking to air dog about it, but don't believe anything came of it.

FWIW - I intend to delete mine when I install the trips and an Air Dog. Hoping for the best! :D One guy I know had his air dog gel, despite using the proper treatments and it burned up the motor.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I don't know where you live, but for "some" reason, there were a lot of guys up here in the northeast this year that had gelling problems with there filter. Part of it had to be our fuel, because I never gell and had two gum up on me (stock filter). But when I was at the shop, he said there was a rash of just the air dog filter gumming up. I know they were talking to air dog about it, but don't believe anything came of it.

FWIW - I intend to delete mine when I install the trips and an Air Dog. Hoping for the best! :D One guy I know had his air dog gel, despite using the proper treatments and it burned up the motor.
Im glad i saw this post we had a horrible time this year with the truck gelling up it left us stranded a few time's even with additives.I had figured it was the airdog filter that was the issue until i talked to a friend who delivers fuel for our local sunoco and he said they were having a ton of problems with gelling with there diesel fuel.Switched stations and never had another issue even being colder than it was when it was gelling.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
Im glad i saw this post we had a horrible time this year with the truck gelling up it left us stranded a few time's even with additives.I had figured it was the airdog filter that was the issue until i talked to a friend who delivers fuel for our local sunoco and he said they were having a ton of problems with gelling with there diesel fuel.Switched stations and never had another issue even being colder than it was when it was gelling.

I've used the same station for 6 yrs without issue until this year. Even though I switched stations it still did. Oh well, season is "hopefully" over around here!! :spit: Can you say jinx! lol