LML DEF tank delete

Rico

Wheeler
Oct 21, 2012
Burlington, ON
Have a buddy building a 2015 GMC 3500 dually and wants to delete or relocate his DEF tank. It's a going to be tow rig/chase truck for his Trophy truck. Any ideas? Thanks

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Delete it, but to do so he must delete all the emissions as well...... Which is the best route to go anyways. Truck has to be programmed to allow this.

B@dfish

Oct 11, 2014
I just bought a 2014 3500. Do you remove tank or just leave it in place? Does exhaust get replaced from down pipe back? Also, can efi live be accomplished DIY or should I try to find a tuner local? Anyone know any reputable shops near Frederick, Md. Thanks...

Dirtbag

Sep 4, 2013
You can either remove the tank or EFI disables it so you could leave it in place if you want. I removed mine.. And yes you can either go turbo back, or downpipe back for the exhaust.

There are only a handful of tuners currently doing EFI live deletes for the LML. PPEI (AKA Kory Willis), Motorops, Moonlight Diesel etc..

creole

Oct 3, 2016
DEF Pump

2011 LML GMC
I just installed a bully dog tuner and new race exhaust. I removed all the old exhaust system but left DEF tank in place. Everything is working fine except on first start up it immediately pumped all the def out and now pump is running dry. I could unplug pump but it is a real pain to get to. I may have to reinstall old system at some point so don't want to burn out pump and seemed easiest to leave in place.
Anyone know which fuse will kill the DEF pump?
Called Bully Dog tech and a teenager who knew nothing was no help... "um, maybe find a fuse???" Yes, but which fuse? "um, maybe google it?
Google was no help!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nice to have CEL and low quality DEF lights all out now!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
2011 LML GMC
I just installed a bully dog tuner and new race exhaust. I removed all the old exhaust system but left DEF tank in place. Everything is working fine except on first start up it immediately pumped all the def out and now pump is running dry. I could unplug pump but it is a real pain to get to. I may have to reinstall old system at some point so don't want to burn out pump and seemed easiest to leave in place.
Called Bully Dog tech and a teenager who knew nothing was no help... "um, maybe find a fuse???" Yes, but which fuse? "um, maybe google it?
Google was no help!

Welp you didn't actually delete it.. Bully dog does not make a delete tuner for Lml

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Oh yeah. Bully dog is the best. Every 15 year old I know says so.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
2011 LML GMC
Google was no help!

You have to unplug it. Take that tank out of there. Its the easiest part of the whole delete job.

creole

Oct 3, 2016
Missed the point

Bully Dog does make a delete tuner but only available in Canada (so it is said), I have had success with them before. This one works fine too except the urea pump is still powered up.
I am sure there are other tuners that put out more power, not interested in that. I had a NOX sensor fail and up here they are $400 a piece, so it seemed like the time to delete as warranty is done anyways.
The stock LML has more than enough power for my towing needs. I don't need or want to "roll coal", I want to get better economy and improve reliability by shutting down the EGR which bully dog does electronically. I need to be able to go back to stock for emissions testing so I can do that with BD. Some shops up here that do the tuning don't give you any way to revert to stock. I want to leave most equipment in place. To retest now I just have to fix sensor and install old exhaust.
So to repeat my question, is there a dedicated def pump fuse (perhaps unlabeled)?
Thanks