"Dead Spot" at certain RPMs

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
I have a problem in my tune that and I cannot figure out from the log as to what it may be.

The problem is at part-throttle acceleration, the truck will seem to fall on its face around 2100 rpms, pick back up, then fall off, etc etc.

Happens also with the cruise set, I can hear it fuel/defuel essentially and the truck more or less, lunges up the hill. Flat ground it doesn't seem to do it, so it leads me to think it's something in the commanded fuel delivery or in the desired and commanded boost tables.

Any help would be great, truck is an 07 LBZ.

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
I have a problem in my tune that and I cannot figure out from the log as to what it may be.

The problem is at part-throttle acceleration, the truck will seem to fall on its face around 2100 rpms, pick back up, then fall off, etc etc.

Happens also with the cruise set, I can hear it fuel/defuel essentially and the truck more or less, lunges up the hill. Flat ground it doesn't seem to do it, so it leads me to think it's something in the commanded fuel delivery or in the desired and commanded boost tables.

Any help would be great, truck is an 07 LBZ.

This a tune you made? If its a tune you made, post up a log or the tune and people here can help you figure it out.

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Can't seem to get the log to load. It doesn't have any real glaring things that pop out that would lead me to the problem. Everything is nice and linear and looks good.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Had the same prob in mine. EGR shut off in tune but no blocker plate. Had a dead spot in the pedal in all gears, smokey at low rpm and turbo surged when cruising in higher gears. As soon as I put the blocker plate in, the problem went away. According to Mike, egr was shut off, but it may have been stuck open.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Can't seem to get the log to load. It doesn't have any real glaring things that pop out that would lead me to the problem. Everything is nice and linear and looks good.

If your running windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 save it as a zip file.

Right click the file>
in the drop down click> Send to
in the second drop down click> Compressed (zipped) folder.

It will show up as folder with a zipper on it in the same folder...

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Had the same prob in mine. EGR shut off in tune but no blocker plate. Had a dead spot in the pedal in all gears, smokey at low rpm and turbo surged when cruising in higher gears. As soon as I put the blocker plate in, the problem went away. According to Mike, egr was shut off, but it may have been stuck open.

I'm thinking this is my problem. I have ruled out the maf, vane pos, and everything else I can think of. I will try having the EGR on just for shits and giggles.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
I have seen on my truck personally and a local Lmm, that just disabling it, and driving will cause these dead spots. The Lmm did not have a very aggressive turbo brake either. Once I unplugged it, it worked a lot better. My truck used to fluctuate boost real bad. Unplugged it and voila. Don't ask me ha

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Hmm that makes sense. I have a blocker plate that will be here tomorrow, plans are a complete EGR delete but not for a while.

I haven't driven the truck in a couple days so I'll have to report back after the blocker plate install.

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
I have it un-plugged now. Still gonna throw the blocker plate in there because they are known to blow open under boost.

Good thing I kinda tore it apart, found that a mouse (aptly named Gus-Gus) had decided to make the airbox a nice little food storage shed for the winter, 5+ cups of dog food crammed in that damn thing.