Danville Custom Slotted Rotors Came In

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Got talking to Mark@Danville about new brakes for my truck, well to my surprise, they actually have some custom slotted rotors, that they machine in house, that Mark has had great luck with. Well mine showed up today, along with some ACDelco pads, and look awesome. Waiting on my braided brake lines to come in and I'll throw all of it on and give some kind of report on performance. I'll keep you all posted.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Awesome bud, can't wait to see what you think of them under some abusive braking! Love them on my truck and I haven't broken a rotor since we did these.:thumb:

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
Crazy. Just got my front delco slotted rotors, pads, and Russell braided brake lines today. Waiting on the slotted rear rotors which should be here tomorrow.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Hmm, my brakes suck and I'll be due for some probly by fall maybe, I'm over half pad still but they keep getting worse, some days they work great, the next you can't hardly get it shut down

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Hmm, my brakes suck and I'll be due for some probly by fall maybe, I'm over half pad still but they keep getting worse, some days they work great, the next you can't hardly get it shut down

Mine are not up to the challenge anymore. This thing gains so quick on the big end now, needed something to slow it back down just as quick.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Multiple ways. Gravity bleed, use a bleeding machine, have someone pump and hold. Also always nice to have access to a tech 2 so you can cycle and bleed the abs pump. Don't know if anything else can work with the ebcm.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I bought a cheap 20 dollar vaccum bleeder off eBay. I had never done brake fluid before and it was easy. I did have to replace one bleeder that was rusted solid. Otherwise it was a breeze with the vaccum bleeder. Open up bleeder, pump it up and watch it fill the canister. Make sure not to let the master run dry and your good

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Harborfreight makes a nice unit that hooks up to my air line. I've been pleased with it.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I use a piece of 1/4"or 3/16" hose (whichever fits). Slip it over the bleeder valve on one end, put the other end in a big bottle of brake fluid about 1/2 full and open the bleeder. Make sure master is full, pump brakes a few times, tighten bleeder, refill master and move on to another wheel. Works great when your doing it by yourself and it's cheap. For those that don't know always start at passenger rear wheel, then driver rear, then passenger front, then driver front last.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I just gravity bleed my brakes. Crack them open and let them go. Just make sure not to drain the reservoir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
You'll think you're driving a new truck, I replaced the soft lines (did not use Russel brake lines), bled the system, cycled the ABS with a TECH-2, bled again, cycled the ABS again and what a difference. I did notice that after cycling the ABS controller the transmission shifted a bit different had a member on another site report the same thing after cycling the ABS controller on his truck....

Anything bad against the russel break lines? I was just looking at getting a set

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I don't think they are DOT approved. Some will say they don't care abt that... Good luck if you get in a wreck with them you'll be sued. I had mine made from a local shop, they are coated and DOT approved.