Cummins Software Screenshots

As posted by Ross on our forum a little earlier today here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13442

Cheers
Cindy

Well now that our latest software release is out of the way I've had a chance to sit down and get some screen shots of some of the important tables we've got in the Cummins tuning, these tables many of the Duramax tuners will find familiar.

It's still early days for us discovering how tables are linked together and work with (or against) each other, we still get confused daily . I am pretty much working on this project 100% now so things are really starting to come together.
None of the descriptions are done yet and we may even have some errors, but given this is still at internal development level it's no big deal at this stage.

Please, don't Email us asking for Beta copies, this is only internal development versions you see, we will keep everyone updated on progress as things change.

For anyone that was doubting if this would happen, enjoy the following pictures from a 2006 5.9L Cummins file........

Commanded Rail Pressure:
CumminsFP.png

A Commanded Fuel Limiter:
CumminsFuelLim.png

Injector Pulse Times:
CumminsInj.png

Another Fuel Limiter:
CumminsMaxFuel.png

Injection Timing:
CumminsTiming.png

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
wow 40* of timing!

maybe the crumbys will get a little competitive :thumb:

thats only at 140 mm3 tho. ;)

Stock, they are probably limited to somewhere around 100mm3, or whatever it says on the EPA sticker on the engine.

What I am curious about is how the cummins calculates grams/cylinder; they dont have a MAF sensor as far as I know...

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Yeah I know for a fact the 6.7 ctd does use a MAF sensor. I don't think any of the 5.9's did though?

Drakes 05 CR has a MAF the connector just sits dangeling unplugged however... the CR's seem to be WAY less sensitive to things such as MAF or rail pressure. Same tuning Drake went from stock CP3's to big modded pumps from II and idle was the same, part throttle felt the same only difference was truck had way more fuel under WOT.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Drakes 05 CR has a MAF the connector just sits dangeling unplugged however... the CR's seem to be WAY less sensitive to things such as MAF or rail pressure. Same tuning Drake went from stock CP3's to big modded pumps from II and idle was the same, part throttle felt the same only difference was truck had way more fuel under WOT.

maybe its a california emissions thing; cali 5.9's have a MAF and federal 5.9's dont?

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Our '06 is no slouch but the g56 is a piece of crap and a pain to shift fast. But by god there ain't nuthin I can't pull. And that is all we bought it for. The first time my boss rode in it was when we had it loaded with 24 750lb heifers in a 7klb trailer. He couldn't believe the power it had.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Our '06 is no slouch but the g56 is a piece of crap and a pain to shift fast. But by god there ain't nuthin I can't pull. And that is all we bought it for. The first time my boss rode in it was when we had it loaded with 24 750lb heifers in a 7klb trailer. He couldn't believe the power it had.

Wow that's heavy, but I felt the same way grossing 27000 with a stock LMM.

Any idea on EGT's up a hill?

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Wow that's heavy, but I felt the same way grossing 27000 with a stock LMM.

Any idea on EGT's up a hill?

It has an edge juice with attitude. Depending on what I'm doing and how hot the weather is I usually run it on lvl 2. And I keep a close eye on the egts aswell and never let it get past 1150. Sometimes on occaision I will run it hotter but just to get it up a steep hill.