LB7: crank no start lb7 headache

briencolgan

brien colgan
Jan 26, 2017
Ithaca, NY
Just started. Yes.

After I rebuilt that pump head I assumed that was square. But vacuum testing pointed back to the filter head. I disassembled it and I found
Damn
Pine needle

In this little flapper assembly. That one little pine needle was enough to stop 5 tons of truck. Witness the power of nature.

Well it's idling after many hours of troubleshooting.

Thank you both for your input. There's lots of experience here. I hope I can contribute something to the boards at some point.

If this helps anyone I use an Innova 3140 scanner and if you watch live data ESP after fuel filter change or fuel line work rail pressure will start in the 200's and climb with lots of cranking to the 300's then pressure curve jumps into the thousands at ignition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briencolgan

brien colgan
Jan 26, 2017
Ithaca, NY
I'd have to think it was just from working on it. The fuel strainer in the tank would've prevented it from coming in that way.

Or it could've come in through the bleeder screw. I have a ton of those needles on the hood seal. That may be a more likely scenario. It would explain loss of prime over time. As well. This may be not done. But for now gonna stick with wishful thinking.

It was a good thing. Got the tank down and replaced the sending unit, just some maintence issues that needed to be done for some time now.

Think I might put cleaning off the pine needles on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk