LML Coolant level low message

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
I recently took my truck in for service. Oil change, etc. Couple days later a coolant level low message appears ocassionally. Pop the hood and the coolant tank is full. Anybody have this problem before or can lead me to the issue. Truck is a 2015. It is also deleted and tuned.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Or it could be Headgaskets starting to go out. Causing an air bubble around the sensor. I've seen several LMLs do this.

Slowly release the coolant cap and see if the coolant level drops and the message goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
Or it could be Headgaskets starting to go out. Causing an air bubble around the sensor. I've seen several LMLs do this.

Slowly release the coolant cap and see if the coolant level drops and the message goes away.

Oh boy now you're worrying me. I stopped by the dealer when I got off work, he said he was gonna order a sensor. Truck is still under warranty. He said he wasn't worried about it being deleted and should have the part in a couple days. I guess the whole tank has to be changed you can't just replace the sensor. Truck only has 23k miles...

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Oh boy now you're worrying me. I stopped by the dealer when I got off work, he said he was gonna order a sensor. Truck is still under warranty. He said he wasn't worried about it being deleted and should have the part in a couple days. I guess the whole tank has to be changed you can't just replace the sensor. Truck only has 23k miles...

That is correct. It's replaced as an assembly.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
And he says he doesn't care that it's deleted now. But I'll bet if your Headgaskets are in fact out, he will sing a very different tune.....

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
And he says he doesn't care that it's deleted now. But I'll bet if your Headgaskets are in fact out, he will sing a very different tune.....

Oh I agree. But the coolant doesnt seem to be going anywhere. When the message came up I popped the hood and the level was damn near full. I added like a cup full of fluid and it hasn't went anywhere in the last couple days of driving. But, if they did an oil change and there was coolant in the oil I would think someone would notice it. Only reason I didn't do it myself is because I still had a free service left on warranty.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
I had low coolant message come and go for about 10k miles and only ever topped it off twice maybe? Ended up being the water pump but you could never see any leaks and the message came and went randomly. Did the water pump at 85k. 2011 bone stock at the time.

Oldman

Old-slo
Jul 11, 2012
Round Rock, By God Texas!
2012 LML... occasional coolant smell.. used coolant occasionally. Coolant reservoir was cracked. Also, the dealer didn't put the airbox back in properly so the edge of it rubbed a hole in the tank at the seam... look right where the screws secure the airbox/airfilter.. if it is not 'snapped' in to the base, you might not notice the problem..

The part is GM ONLY... that way you get a sensor with the tank..

There is a difference in tank design.. now you have a MIN, not a MAX line... and you need a new reservoir cap.

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
Gonna bring this back up guys I noticed that the tank is losing fluid slowly. I got to looking and found a rubber nipple with a hose clamp on what appears to be a refrigerant line. Not sure exactly if someone can help me out. Anyhow, it's cracked and dry rotted and drips coolant.
280d26819d8be4588e8530b5db28da21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk