Converter choice. Some help would be appreciated.

Dart.340

Canadian
Aug 3, 2015
Near Ottawa
Hi there. I am in the midst of gathering parts for my trans build on my 2011 lml.
It's main purpose is going to be aggressive street and a bunch of sled pulls.

My lml mods are as follows wherli 3" y bridge. Ppe manifolds and up pipes without egr. Cp3 conversion with motor ops custom tuning. Full dpf and urea delete. 305/65r17 Bfh Goodrich at tires. Snow performance stage 2 water methanol injection.
I am looking for a converter that will work with the Danville billet 68mm stage 2r

From what I can figure out either a goerend r or a goerend k will work. The suncoast 1058 looks like a candidate but I hear it locks up pretty harsh. What is your converter opinion

Trans build will consist of suncoast Gpz kit 6r3 and goerend pto oilling covers

If I'm missing something important let me know. Thank you.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've become a big fan of the Goerend X converter recently. One of my current favorites.

Dart.340

Canadian
Aug 3, 2015
Near Ottawa
I've become a big fan of the Goerend X converter recently. One of my current favorites.

What type of specs are on the x converter. I really wish that goerend would put some form of description beside them like suncoast those

I really do want to have a converter with a billet stator so that it will hold up to the boosted launches

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What type of specs are on the x converter. I really wish that goerend would put some form of description beside them like suncoast those

I really do want to have a converter with a billet stator so that it will hold up to the boosted launches

The X is a billet stator. From what I've seen with it, I would say the stall is around 2,000 RPM. It is really nice to drive. It lets the truck get going, but couples really well. I think it would be a great converter with that turbo from Danville you're planning on using.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
1058 doesn't lock up very harsh IMO. 1055 is way harsher.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No way the 1055 is harsher than the 1058. I have used both in many trucks. I know that doesn't make me the say all/ end all of that but the 1055 is probably the best of the Suncoast converters that I have used. Application is everything when it comes to convertor choice so you will find a widely varied opinion on what is good and what is not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
1058 is way too loose for an LML with a big tune.
Idaho Rob and I tested one on my LML. Blew right through it after he tuned my truck.

Dart.340

Canadian
Aug 3, 2015
Near Ottawa
1058 is way too loose for an LML with a big tune.
Idaho Rob and I tested one on my LML. Blew right through it after he tuned my truck.

Do you have any stall specs for the goerend converters and how they couple

Would really appreciate an answer from someone knowledgable in this field.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I appreciate the help guys I don't want to offend anyone I'm just trying to get as much converter info as possible. I will give goerend a call

I wouldnt call dave, you were better off with calling and talking to the couple of shops that just gave you some good opinions but your word choice may have just left you to do research on your own.

Dart.340

Canadian
Aug 3, 2015
Near Ottawa
I did not mean to be insulting in any way, shape or form and if I offended someone I am very sorry about how I may have came across I was just simply trying to get people's opinions or recommendations. Once again if I offended someone I am sorry

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
:D Thick skins on here... Well most of us;) Your fine. The guy's on the first page know there stuff oh and chevy1925 lol. PM them or give there shops a call, they won't steer you wrong. You will find 100 opinions about converters and all will be different.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
:D Thick skins on here... Well most of us;) Your fine. The guy's on the first page know there stuff oh and chevy1925 lol. PM them or give there shops a call, they won't steer you wrong. You will find 100 opinions about converters and all will be different.

thats for damn sure. but when you fine that one that is perfect for your truck, you feel like your spinning the world under your rig lol