Compression Test Injector Disable:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
OK, one of the pieces arrived today, it's a 45° adapter, and it DOES fit the Kent Moore tip. Now I need find a cheaper "KM Style" glow plug piece, and a cheaper dial gauge unit.

Mity Vac is compatible with KM. Seems it wasn't cheap. What would be REALLY sweet is a KM to HF adapter.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Yeah, that's Kent Moore for you. $140 for a fitting. This one I'm testing is $20.

Let me get the enchilida tested on Wendy, and I will post what I find and the sources.

paoutdoorsman

Duramax Fan!
Mar 27, 2009
South Central PA
Update:

After we did this, the truck had no throttle response, only idled. Not sure if it was cranking it with fuse(s) missing, or the bale connector.

But after reflashing the ECM it is back to normal. Pretty weird. Like a hidden limp mode.

Has anyone else had a similar experiance. I have all my glow plugs out for replacement and I want to check compression just to make note. Is it safe to disconnect the lower bale connector? I don't have a way to reflash my ECM ;). Thanks!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Bump for guy above & check to see if there ever was a fitting to use with the HF kit on an lbz? If not, I've got a HF kit I bought today that i may need to take back. :D

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You can grind the HF fitting down like this and hand thread it till its tight. I just left alittle nut on it Incase for whatever reason I couldn't unthread it. If I check it again though ill probably grind it totally off. How it was it may not have been torqued, but it was tight enough for a compression test. Mine was 375 pretty much

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335302586426.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335302586426.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 32