LMM: Competitive Workstock Truck/Tranny?

KidwickedLMM

Jun 12, 2011
Hey guys I wanna build my 08 ECLB into a competitive workstock/farmstock truck for local pulls and fairs here by my house. My truck already has Cognito brases, tie rod sleeves, 5" MBRP straight pipe, MBRP down pipe, and sits on 305/60R18 Dune Grapplers. Everything else is bone stock. Im gonna spend the money next couple weeks to get stuff I need. Im gonna order an Air Dog2 165 pump, Arson CP3 modify kit, front and rear trac bars. What tranny build kits would safely hold to pull that set up and daily drive? Also am I leaving anything I need out? Should that truck with a big tune be competitive? ? Im super pumped to start pulling! Thanks guys! Kyle

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
Chassis, Chassis, Chassis. Make it hook well and it won't take a ton of power to be competitive. I think you have all of the motor stuff set to be competitive. Other than maybe a charger modification from either Danville or Fleece. And the above post should give you everything for the trans. I think that you will have a good running truck for sure. Good luck and have fun:D

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Where do you live?

This is what I was gonna ask. Rules and competition vary greatly.
Some local places allow 2.5" chargers which lets 364s come out to play which can be real nasty. Built motor trucks with 2.5" S300s and Cheetah's play in WS around here but some rules only allow stock unmodifed chargers.. 600whp and a good setup is usually required to be somewhat competitive. I'll have nozzles, cam, worked up heads and all when mine is done here soon.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
some weight out front. Like james said if you can get the truck set up to leave good and not drag it will be competitive.

I like how Fleece is setting up alot of their WS trucks now. They are hiding all the weight behind the bumper and under the front suspension. This way it truly does look work stock yet still has the weight transfer set up right.