Compact twin kit

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
HeepJeep and I built a custom set like these 3 years ago.

Its really nice to not have to relocate everything. Our kit used the stock airbox/location too. Im glad to see someone else is actually making it in kit form, because I think its a nice route to go. :)

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Less room for the exhaust gasses to compress and heat to go means more responsive, quicker spool. ;)

Sent from my iPhone.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Just think it would it would make under hood temps higher

How come? The heat may be concentrated to a smaller area, but it is still the same two chargers flowing those same exhaust gasses.

Plus you'd be able to get the filter farther away from the heat.

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
How come? The heat may be concentrated to a smaller area, but it is still the same two chargers flowing those same exhaust gasses.

Plus you'd be able to get the filter farther away from the heat.

Would think the location of the large turbo in normal apps would allow for more heat removal with it being next to the fender but I guess that could hurt spool up.

Headless_Horseman

Street Sleeper
Sep 27, 2011
Stn Mtn. Ga/Iraq
HeepJeep and I built a custom set like these 3 years ago.

Its really nice to not have to relocate everything. Our kit used the stock airbox/location too. Im glad to see someone else is actually making it in kit form, because I think its a nice route to go. :)

Has anyone tested this setup much for towing? And I am assuming it still uses the stock charger as the primary?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Josh2002 was working on getting a set of real tight twins that retAined the battery and coolant tank in the stock location think it looks good but I don't want my big turbo right next to my battery.The battery I these trucks sweet acid as it is because they get to hot and I'd rather have a chance at doing some maitanance if I installed injectors and 1 was seaping I for sure wouldn't want to pull the turbo to tighten it.But that's just me.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
No it doesn't the Wal-Mart batterys interstates and that red top P O S atell up the inside fend r and battery mount in my truck the only thing that didn't acid up was the Delco which in I the bed of my truck now cool as a cucumber.:D

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Has anyone tested this setup much for towing? And I am assuming it still uses the stock charger as the primary?

yes, the setup we built was just an S475 over stock LBZ VVT. Dave towed quite a bit with it, no problems. Right after heavy towing, the battery/coolant tank wasnt any hotter. (never did any scientific testing, but just by feeling them, neither got hotter than normal)

this thread is in Braydens section though, so I wont derail it anymore.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Maybe I do have some pictures...

The High Pressure turbo is a Cast S366/73/.91, the Low pressure is a S475/87/1.0. Nothing fancy yet. We just set out to prove the "theory". Fueling is all stock, so are the head bolts.

Currently it drives very nice! And I did manage to get about 14K behind the truck this past sunday, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it did respond. The whole concept of the setup is A: easy to install in a weekend, with no major permanent modifications B: fast spooling great response, and C: ability to tow, heavy at times, still make good HP, and keep the engine alive. This truck will get used, its not mall crawler or or show piece. Itll see 30k+ gross half a dozen times or better this summer.

The best part about the setup so far is the sound. Not sure how we managed to get that signature Cheetah sound out of two turbos that by themselves sound nothing like they do together.

Look for the truck to be at TS, maybe even doing a little racing.

Caleb

Attachments

• Candys_Influence_CCTS.jpg
    Candys_Influence_CCTS.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 474
  • Candys_Influence_CCTS_Mock.jpg
    Candys_Influence_CCTS_Mock.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 509
Last edited: