COCOAL's build/brag/progress thread...:)

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
So here's the mods to date
PPE STUFF
manifolds and up pipes, deep transmission pan, deep rear diff cover, oil centrifuge, transmission cooler, high flow CP3 kit, ported rail fittings, FPRV shim kit w/2 washers, triple gauge pod w/ boost pyro and rail pressure gauges, silicone boost tube connectors

COGNITO STUFF
4" NTBD drop lift kit (set @ 4" c/v angle is 2.4*)tubular upper control arms, idler pivot assembly, pitman and idler pivot braces, HD sway bar end links, C/V 4x4 driveshaft, 2" DEAVER mini packs, bilstien 5100 shocks

ENERGY SUSPENSION SYSTEMS master poly bushing set
RARE PARTS Diamond series drop forged tie rods

MOTO METAL FORGED 18x10 wheels wrapped in TOYO at2 285/75/18 (34.8" tall)
SSBC Big Bite brake rotors w/EBC yellow stuff pads and stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear

HELLWIG sway bars front and rear
AIR RITE 5000 helper bags
K&P ENGINEERING/SCOTT's PERFORMANCE 12 micron absolute lifetime oil filter
CALTRACS 4 hole adjustable preload traction bar system
Alligator Performance 5/8" trans cooler line upgrade, resonator and pcv delete plugs

ALLSEASON DIESEL/DHD
3" one piece y-bridge
Stainless steel braided high pressure steering pump lines

DRP Fuel sump
AIR DOG 2 165gph dual filter lift pump
FUEL FILTR HEAD DELETED
ARP 2000 Head stud kit

GARETT 4094 vgt
Diamond eye 3" down pipe, with custom bung to evac pcv
Diamond eye 4" quiet tone exhaust modified tail pipe int over axle down turn
SDP egr delete, modified to fit y-bridge and BD intercooler
BD cools it extruded fin intercooler
Polished hot side intercooler pipe(stock)

BANKS POWER
Ram air intake and super scoop

ULTIMATE TRANSMISSION performance built transmission w/proprietary clutch packs, billet input and output shafts, billet P2 hub and custom valve body(800whp rated)
SONNEX transfer case pump rub eliminator kit and TRANS/transfer case brace
SO CAL DIESEL 1 piece billet flexplate

YUKON GEAR 4.11 gears and master axle rebuild kits front and rear
EATON DETROIT TRUETRAC

DURAMAXTUNER tuned, S.P.A.D.E King tune, optimized TCM, key lock DSP 5

Billet grille
Digital 35w H.I.D's(headlight and fogs) PIAA 60w(high beams)
Stainless steel full length 3" cab steps

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This was testing the truetrac for the first time
picture.php

This was rolling out of side street onto a 55mph highway, race tune, rolled the throttle to the floor for about 4-6 sec
picture.php

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Before the lift and tire I felt like it was a mid 12 truck fer sure, I'm not so sure now, but it still feels pretty fast:thumb:

I walked away from a NISMO 370z last night, 3 times, he was shocked and I'm sure a lil pissed too, had him solid to 115, he was several(3-4 car lengths) back the first two times, only about 1-2 the last run, then he dipped out:D

But those cars aren't incredibly fast;)

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
It is a clean truck for sure! Great parts list as well:thumb: time to sell it to me buddy, your wife can't keep going through this CoCo lol JK neither can mine :roflmao:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
so how do you delete the whole fuel filter head i wanna do my lly

U need the fitting for the back of cp3. 1/2". U also need a rubber hose roughly 18-20in long. Also 1/2. Ppe also makes this if u dont wanna make your own. They call it cp3 highflow feed line. 50-55 if i remember. Take the fuel filter housing off, theres 2 rubber hoses to it, u bypass the test port line to cp3. Literally put fittin in cp3, install your new hose to fitting and connect it to the hose that doesn't go to test port, and where the hose from the filter head, and new hose from cp3 splice together, i bought a fuel T from xdp with a 1/8 ntp for fuel gauge hook up.
thats pretty much it to delete the filter head. Super simple. Least was on my lbz

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
U need the fitting for the back of cp3. 1/2". U also need a rubber hose roughly 18-20in long. Also 1/2. Ppe also makes this if u dont wanna make your own. They call it cp3 highflow feed line. 50-55 if i remember. Take the fuel filter housing off, theres 2 rubber hoses to it, u bypass the test port line to cp3. Literally put fittin in cp3, install your new hose to fitting and connect it to the hose that doesn't go to test port, and where the hose from the filter head, and new hose from cp3 splice together, i bought a fuel T from xdp with a 1/8 ntp for fuel gauge hook up.
thats pretty much it to delete the filter head. Super simple. Least was on my lbz

i jsut put a new 1/2" hose on mine that loops from the incoming hard line to the FICM.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
With a mod list like that it should beat my 13.50's my GMC used to run :rofl::thumb:

How's the new project coming along?

so how do you delete the whole fuel filter head i wanna do my lly
I used the left over fuel line from the lift pump install, and some 3/8 line for the return line and a brass fitting for the return, already had the 1/2" coupler from the ppe hi flow cp3 kit, then to remove the filter head all you need to do is unbolt the (2) 10 or 12mm bolts that hold the whole thing onto the side of the block and unplug the WIF sensor, done

Sharp looking truck:thumb:
Thank you

It is a clean truck for sure! Great parts list as well:thumb: time to sell it to me buddy, your wife can't keep going through this CoCo lol JK neither can mine :roflmao:
Anyone who has a wife as understanding as ours, who lets us do this stuff is a pretty lucky guy....I'd sell a testie before I'd sell this truck, but the truck would probably have more interest :spit:

You've come a long way since the days of Caspmax:roflmao: Looking good man!
That ain't no joke:D thanks

Nice looking setup. Where do you live? Looks nice there.
I live in north western Washington, and it is pretty nice here, for about 3-4 months a year, the rest of the time it rains and you wonder why you stay;)

Thanks everyone for the kind words:hug:

And thanks for all the advise, help, encouragement, ....sarcasm and otherwise, my rig wouldn't be what it is today without all the input from the members here:thumb:

THANKS DURAMAXDIESELS!!! For providing the setting for the best source of knowledge available for diesel performance enthusiasts like myself, and all the guys and gals here that paved the way (that are way smarter than me....:baby: )