Clutch install

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
I bought a used south bend dd for my work truck from 02greysixer recently and have a couple install questions.

First is a new slave and pilot bearing necessary? I know the throw out is necessary and am having a hard time finding the part number. Oreilly's couldn't get one. I would like to avoid the dealer.

synthetic 10w-30 or synthetic atf in the trans itself? And finally how much dot 4 should I buy to change and get it bled again?

Thanks in advance guys

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
don't skimp on that you have to pull the trans to do it and it is the throwout bear as well. One piece. hang on I will get you the Gm part and link to Amazon.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
that's just the slave with the throw out bearing. you attach your hose and use you master on the fire wall to it. if the master ever goes that's easy to replace.

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
Gotcha, I just ordered it. Thanks for the help. I'm still learning this whole manual thing.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Also make sure your clutch discs slide easily on the input shaft before bolting it all up. And depending on miles throw a tranny mount on it to.

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
I finally got time to put the clutch in. I was totally over thinking and half dreading removing the trans and tcase.

It was actually really easy. Didnt take long by myself with just a floor jack and everything went smooth.

Thanks for all the replies and pointers guys. The truck is 10x easier to drive with the new clutch and no dmf.