Clutch Drum Internals

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
The transgo kit instructions say to pull them out to enlargen some holes in the C2 piston (I think, I left the instructions at the shop) and change the springs on one (or maybe both) of the spring cages.
Does this sound right to you?

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
Max it is very simple. u really cant screw up to bad there are alot of stop rings in the c2 clutch pack. Pull it all the way apart and do the holes and the cage. When u do the vavle body make sure the e- shift vavle can move freely or u will be like me and mike and have to take the vb apart

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
OK, I got the pistons out. :eek: I cant believe how dirty it was inside there. Clutch material EVERYWHERE. Where the snap ring grooves are they are caked full of crap.

The real problem is that I think my c2 piston is shot and maybe even my c1. there is about 45 degrees of cracks in the c2 piston right where it makes the curve. My c1 has about 1" worth of these cracks, pretty much in the same spot. I will get pictures up later on. I had to come home to get the camara. :)
Mike (new2lb7) did you have anything that looked like cracks on your appy pistons?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
OK, I got the pistons out. :eek: I cant believe how dirty it was inside there. Clutch material EVERYWHERE. Where the snap ring grooves are they are caked full of crap.

The real problem is that I think my c2 piston is shot and maybe even my c1. there is about 45 degrees of cracks in the c2 piston right where it makes the curve. My c1 has about 1" worth of these cracks, pretty much in the same spot. I will get pictures up later on. I had to come home to get the camara. :)
Mike (new2lb7) did you have anything that looked like cracks on your appy pistons?

never seen cracks in these pistons. are you sure they are not casting lines?

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
203519.jpg
203437.jpg

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
203542.jpg
203446.jpg

Looks like cracks to me?
I know about 2 rebuilds ago it got really hot. I'm sure this had a lot to do about it but dont know why it wasnt fixed.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
If you have the same crack looking lines in the seal area, I'd say they are cracks for sure. Wow, those clutches were certainly slipping I would think.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX

I had these casting imperfections for sure. I have seen these before so I was not too worried. I just did the air pressure check as requested from Mike L. NO leaks so all is well. You better do air checks if your concerned.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Another transgo question:
When drilling the hole in the side of the C2 piston do I
-Drill into the piston with the drill flush with the ledge and angling back or,
-Drill downwards compared to the lip while still angleing backwards?

Where should the hole come through at ideally? Specifically in reference to the leg that is below the hole? Like 1/4" above and left of the hole if looking from above?