Cig Lighter Fuse(s)???

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So are there more than one fuse for the accy 12v power supply/cig lighter? For some reason the one in the rear and the right hand accy power supplies don't work but the cig lighter does. I can't find any blown fuses. :confused:

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
So are there more than one fuse for the accy 12v power supply/cig lighter? I For some reason the one in the rear and the right hand accy power supplies don't work bu the cig lighter does. I can't find any blown fuses. :confused:

Dale I have had this same issue for a long time now... it is not a fuse but guessing a bad ground somewhere. If you fix it let me know lol

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The connectors on the back of the sockets are crappy from what I have seen. Pop the trim panel off, and wiggle the connector. Worked for mine. I wish they put better wiring to the sockets... running an inverter gets the plug too hot to touch!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think the Cig lighter and 12v accessory outlets use different fuses. I'll have to double check that though.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I think your right Nick. My flasher relay has been acting up and for some reason I have no power to the fuses inside the cab for my trailer lights either. IIRC all the power for the cig lighter and accy sockets come out of that same fuse block.

When I get my truck back from GM today, I'm going to dig into it if I have time.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So does anyone know which wire(s) are ground? Also should the fuse block itself be a little loose? I assume it is because there are no screws holding it together just plastic tabs.
Posted via Mobile Device

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Talking about the fuse box inside the cab.
Posted via Mobile Device

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well ground from the accy plug to the body is good. Checked the aux pwr fuse under the hood and that was blown so problem solved.

Left signal doesn't flash though so I'm gonna change out the relay and see if that fixes it.

Still no power to the fuses marked LT TURN RT TURN or the other two beside it. Maybe the relay will fix that too.
Posted via Mobile Device

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Anyone know if an aftermarket signal flashed relay is available? No listing for one at partsource.
Posted via Mobile Device

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Off to NAPA. Should be an LM455 according to something I found on DP but we will see........

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ok first off NAPA can suck my ass!!
The only flasher you can get from them is a superceded one from the stock which is good for LED. $110 CDN. One from GM, $85. So right on, just lost $25 as I can't take it back. And it didn't fix my problem. Did some more poking around, seems to be leaning towards a bad Signal Arm. Luckily I know where there is one on a crashed truck. We will see......

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well as I kind of suspected, I have a bad connection in my fuse box. I unplugged the left turn and left trailer turn fuses out and plugged them back in and now all lights are working. Bad connection in that box I guess.....