Cheetah turbo lb7

Norcaldrifter

Stuck..
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Why is this turbo so expensive? I've gathered that this is a modded stock turbo so I was wondering what the specs on it were. Like a gt series XX mm turbine with a 64 compressor wheel shoved in a machined stock exhaust housing and compressor housing respectively. Just wondering what the reason behind the pricing and why it's so loud. It sounds awsome and looks bad ass.

bonescarolfi

Sep 3, 2008
Marshfield WI
Try screaming diesel performance they offer a cheaper 64 mm in the stock housing's fleeces stuff is top notch though
. A guy I pull with called screaming diesel earlier in the spring and they said they weren't sure when they could get him a wheel so he decided he didn't want to deal with that and put on a s362 instead. This might be different now but I haven't really heard anything about them recently.

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
i heard the LB7 cheetah Fleece built was really just a S300 based turbo maded to look like a stocker. i could be wrong. but i think if you are going to spend that kind of money you might as well go with a after market turbo not just a modded stocker.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
ok that's all well and good just not my thing didn't mean it to be offensive,
I know you werent, but taking different paths has led to some of the best innovations in this sport over the years. You're benefiting from at least two of them on your truck.

To the O/P, I was reading a thread on DP that ScreamingDiesel wasnt making LB7 chargers anymore. I dont think you can get that wheel they were making, either.

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
this is why people want this turbo,if your a puller,most of the rules say "charger must look stock" thats what are rules say. . .and we run with b.o.b.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
They were a 4094R squeeeezed into an IHI housing. They weren't cost effective to build especially since the garrett turbines weren't holding up to even normal use. I haven't shelved it completely but if we bring it back it will use a borg turbine.

We can make S300's that use the IHI mouthpiece and can pass for stock appearing in most org's.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
They were a 4094R squeeeezed into an IHI housing. They weren't cost effective to build especially since the garrett turbines weren't holding up to even normal use. I haven't shelved it completely but if we bring it back it will use a borg turbine.

We can make S300's that use the IHI mouthpiece and can pass for stock appearing in most org's.

mine is still working fine Brayden, wasnt it your first 71.5 you built:confused:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Chris that lives here in Iowa had one and it took a beating for a long time! He had not so good tuning barking it alot and making it surge for a year. Got him straighten out and it ended up running really well. Myself was never impressed with them but after I got his tuning where it liked it the thing hauled. To this day it still is running as he sold the truck with it on it. Money wise yes it is exspensive but if it's what you want or have to have for pulling rules then I wouldn't be scared if it's tuned right! Just my opinion of the lb7 version I helped with.