LB7: Cheapest way to obtain EFI Live

Csibbs

Dec 18, 2018
I am currently in the process of fixing my truck due to what I believe is a failed CP3. I am thinking about ditching the Edge Juice w/ attitude for EFI Live.
I have been doing as much research as possible to try to understand how it all works, but I am curious if there is a way to switch tunes through the tuner without using a DSP5? And just use the edge to monitor parameters? I know that it is possible with the Edge Insight but not sure if it is with the Edge Juice.
If I cant use the Edge, the plan is to basically break even on selling the edge and getting efi live.

My main question really is if I am able to buy a used Autocal v2 and load a tune onto it, whether it be from the repository or from a tuner such as Kory or someone, and then load it into the truck?
Just looking for a tune to increase mileage as much as possible. Truck is lifted on 35s, and that definitely hurts mileage, but I am averaging about 12.5mpg hand calculated averaging 55-60mph. I still feel like thats a little low. I would be ecstatic with maybe 17-19 at the same speed.
Looking for some sort of guidance!

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
What year is your truck? Switching with a cts is only available up to the 05's I believe. You can buy a used autocal as long as it has vin spaces available, and you'll have to buy tuning from the tuner it is locked too.

Csibbs

Dec 18, 2018
What year is your truck? Switching with a cts is only available up to the 05's I believe. You can buy a used autocal as long as it has vin spaces available, and you'll have to buy tuning from the tuner it is locked too.

It's a 2002 Silverado 2500

So if I buy an autocal with a VIN space available, and the contact a tuner for the tune I can load it onto the autocal and run it?

What about if there's a VIN space available and I down loaded a tune from the repository?

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Autocals only work with a flashscan that is linked to it. You cannot just load any tune to an autocal. You can purchase a used autocal and have it linked to anyone with a fs that can send you tunes. And as far as vin space availability. All autocals can have up to 220 vin spots, the fs that is linked to it can allow up to 220, it’s just a setting that is usually set when the link process happens. You would just need to purchase a lic from efilive or your tuner, then activate the lic on your ac.

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Oh and a cts2 can control dsp tuning for your LB7 and an LLY. Also, your autocal can control the dsp tuning as well. So you do not need a dsp switch in your application.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I just drove home from a funeral in Mystic Island... I could have met up. LOL. I live in Cherry Hill.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm flexible until January and then I crawl into a deep hole at work until May. So, if you need anything, feel free to holler. sixohnine 903855 six - Wally

Csibbs

Dec 18, 2018
I'm flexible until January and then I crawl into a deep hole at work until May. So, if you need anything, feel free to holler. sixohnine 903855 six - Wally

Might take you up on that offer for the autocal. If I were to buy a tune and the VIN license could we use your autocal to do it? I'll drive out to you

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Might take you up on that offer for the autocal. If I were to buy a tune and the VIN license could we use your autocal to do it? I'll drive out to you

im pretty he has a V2... If you buy a tune it will be locked. You'll need to supply the tuner with the V2 serial number to which the tune will be locked too

Csibbs

Dec 18, 2018
fyi get ride of the edge... for a mileage tune you don't need gauges or a monitor.

FWIW, Im most likely going to go with the Kory Willis tunes, and run whatever one gives me best mileage. Unless, there is someone out there who can provide proof that their "mileage" tune outperforms a 90hp tune when it comes to mileage. I don't have a heavy foot. I drive 90 miles a day, and average about 55-60mph, this nets me 12.6mpg

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
FWIW, Im most likely going to go with the Kory Willis tunes, and run whatever one gives me best mileage. Unless, there is someone out there who can provide proof that their "mileage" tune outperforms a 90hp tune when it comes to mileage. I don't have a heavy foot. I drive 90 miles a day, and average about 55-60mph, this nets me 12.6mpg

Lol

Csibbs

Dec 18, 2018

Yeah I get it. Lift my truck then complain about mileage. I'm not complaining, I just would like to make it slightly better. Also add a little more pep to it so I can actually pass people . Don't think I'm coming here hoping to get 20mpg with a lift. I'd be happy with 15-16 . Also, not sure if it plays any part but I've been driving on a bad cp3 for almost a year with half my rail pressure so I mean that might bump my mileage up roo

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009

I have a V2; it will do anything that you need.

If you're truly trying to do it on the cheap, you'll just need a VIN license and I can flash in a tune. Ferman has very graciously uploaded some very nice free lb7 tunes and I have some stuff I've tinkered with. You can run any of those for free, and then either stop there or save up to get better tuning from Mark or other professional tuning.

I'm just a hobbyist, I don't sell autocals or charge for anything that I do. I just love this stuff and enjoy the hell out of my hobbies with friends :thumb: Before you buy anything, feel free to text me and I can help you with some advice/guidance if you want.