Cheap LB7 Intake Heater Delete

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I was informed by 02bigstrokin who is a former powerchoke owner that when they delete the intake heaters on the 7.3's everyone just used a cummins drain plug and gasket. So we went to Napa and ordered some and go figure they work on the LB7's also.

This was a cheap and easy mod to do. Just have to have EFI to disable the intake heater and codes. All for under 10 bucks:D

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...Plug&fromWhere=&searchText=&_requestid=349933

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I was informed by 02bigstrokin who is a former powerchoke owner that when they delete the intake heaters on the 7.3's everyone just used a cummins drain plug and gasket. So we went to Napa and ordered some and go figure they work on the LB7's also.

This was a cheap and easy mod to do. Just have to have EFI to disable the intake heater and codes. All for under 10 bucks:D

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...Plug&fromWhere=&searchText=&_requestid=349933

nice find :cool2:

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
I have plugged mine and disabled it with EFILive, but it still shows around 5v while the truck is running..

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
Where is it exactly in the intake? Will the turbo flow better....boost wise and such? Kinda weird I haven't heard about this mod before. Plugging a resonator is more popular by far and basically serves no purpose.

The words "intake" and "heat" shouldn't even go together in the first place. What is its' function?

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Where is it exactly in the intake? Will the turbo flow better....boost wise and such? Kinda weird I haven't heard about this mod before. Plugging a resonator is more popular by far and basically serves no purpose.

The words "intake" and "heat" shouldn't even go together in the first place. What is its' function?

it screw's into the y bridge its a large coil that heats up for cold weather startup , it is quite large and has to be bad for airflow i deleted mine when i did the twins

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
gotcha...I might do that this weekend. What kind of code does it throw? I don't access to efi live for a little while. Could I run without it or delete the fault with a predator? I'm anxious to see what kinda results I might have. Did you notice an improvement travis?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
gotcha...I might do that this weekend. What kind of code does it throw? I don't access to efi live for a little while. Could I run without it or delete the fault with a predator? I'm anxious to see what kinda results I might have. Did you notice an improvement travis?

it will throw a intake air heater open circut code that needs to be shut off , i disalbed the tables to ever turn it on , and shut off the dtc's

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I made a IAH delete spacer (this is a rough one I made. But I am having ome cut on a water jet that will be a nice easy bolt in on LBZ/LMM, you need to shut code off with EFI live. I've ran mine for weeks now with no issues and seems to be better...

here is a pic of the one I made, the ones I sell are a lot nicer looking. I will even tap it for a boost gauge if you desire.

$30 shipped right now..

IMG_0219.jpg

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
if you remove this does it hurt you when starting in the winter???

below 40° degree it is used. It wouldnt effect start up as theres no air moving through until running. It might take a little longer to warm up, and if its real cold out side, it may not keep the IATs up to a reasonable temp when Idleing.....