chamber pressure

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Never even came close to recovering the development costs. --failure

The installation is less than smooth on Windows 7, and later computers. As a result, I have to go and install the software and drivers manually. I could wrap it all in an install package, but that would be more work on a losing cause.

The pressure probe, as it is now, has a very finite service life. :(

This is true but a glimpse through a foggy window is still better than a lead lined brick wall! I just want to see some info on the upper end builds on the engine dyno to verify the rest of my info.:thumb:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
The pressure transducers we used at CTC were water cooled, from AVL. I don't know if the kind you're running has water, but the ones we ran rarely went bad. They ran day in, day out. You could kill one fast if the water flow was stopped.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
It is just a limitation of my manufacturing abilities. The chamber side of the conduction rod is sealed with an O-Ring and should be a metal bellows to stand up to the heat. I can't make the bellows and they are not available as a part. The Sensor itself is fine as long as the mechanical portion holds up. That is, no need for water cooling.

The other limitation is the pressure sensor itself. The latest engines are running over 5000 PSIA which is the limit on the sensors I can get. Normal pressure sensors will not capture the pressure pulse because they are not fast enough.