Casper's result at El Mirage, October

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
We ran "Casper" our white GMC diesel pickup at El Mirage yesterday for the first time running a Inglewood Transmission sticker. We mounted one on each side, about two feet AGL. Our speed dropped from 163mph to 155??? :confused:

Apparently the sticker placement was to blame, as I did not get chance to dyno test it at various locations. I was told it was worth at least 25rwhp or 3 mph, but didn't see it. :confused:

Seriously, we finally got the truck tech approved to go up to 200mph and tested the chute, and the handling and traction was great. But the engine kept shutting down at WOT over 3800rpm for unknown reasons. Powertrain and tuning were identical to the last El Mirage event. Time to spend some quality time with a dynometer to troubleshoot.

We only got one pass, and missed running again by 2 cars.

But it was still a blast. Nothing like a Sunday drive at 150+ on a beautiful autumn day in the desert.

Thanks out to all the SCTA workers for another EXCELLENT event. And thanks out to my "pit crew" of diesel lunatics: Robert, Ralph, Johnny, Chris, Chris, Jason, Greg, Jeremy, Kat, and I probably forgot some. Wish I could run faster, but got caught by surprise. Truck has NEVER done that in 3+ years of racing. And thanks out to my fellow Roadrunners!

While we were not going to run the last event in November, we are trying to find a way to make it anyhow. It means our truck will not be at SEMA as we had intended, but it's more important to us to get the "B" for next season's attempt to go over 200.

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I think you might need to move the stickers:D

Sorry to hear that you missed out,But im sure you will figure out why and learn something new from it

GOOD LUCK

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
This is Casper before he has his morning coffee :eek::joker:

I forgot the other camera at home with other pictures :eek:

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 98

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
That video was sick.... The hair on the back of my neck is standing up, The thing sounds so mean and looks good to. If we get the front end on the ground it will be perfect.Thanks for the video. Casper looks like it had a long sleepless weekend in Vegas in that morning shot. Good job on bringing everything and everyone home in one piece.:joker:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Pat did you log the runs? What was the mm3 dropping down to? Seems like another LLY issue to me. Just when you think you have it all figured out, the ECM throws another sneaky limp mode table at you.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Pat did you log the runs? What was the mm3 dropping down to? Seems like another LLY issue to me. Just when you think you have it all figured out, the ECM throws another sneaky limp mode table at you.

No his tuning computer also died yesterday. Hopefully it's just the screen so we can hook up an external monitor and at least get his tunning files.

I should have the in cab video up shortly :D

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Pat I can tell, I dont even have to see logs; thats exactly what my truck does, and some other LLY's as well.

Its completely unexplainable; sometimes it does it sometimes it doesnt. No rhyme or reason. IF it does occur on any given run, the issue appears only above 3200rpm or so. I can hear casper defueling in "steps".

If you watch your logs, Ill bet you it first defuels to 70-80mm3 or so, and then down to ~30mm3. And then a split second later it picks back up to 105mm3 or whatever your throttle base inj qty table is set to. ;) :mad:

ben

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Pat I can tell, I dont even have to see logs; thats exactly what my truck does, and some other LLY's as well.

Its completely unexplainable; sometimes it does it sometimes it doesnt. No rhyme or reason. IF it does occur on any given run, the issue appears only above 3200rpm or so. I can hear casper defueling in "steps".

If you watch your logs, Ill bet you it first defuels to 70-80mm3 or so, and then down to ~30mm3. And then a split second later it picks back up to 105mm3 or whatever your throttle base inj qty table is set to. ;) :mad:

ben

By any chance was the Cruise Control switched "on", and not "off" on the handle.........;)

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
We ran "Casper" our white GMC diesel pickup at El Mirage yesterday for the first time running a Inglewood Transmission sticker. We mounted one on each side, about two feet AGL. Our speed dropped from 163mph to 155??? :confused:

Apparently the sticker placement was to blame, as I did not get chance to dyno test it at various locations. I was told it was worth at least 25rwhp or 3 mph, but didn't see it. :confused:

Forget about the one mounted on the tailgate on the lower rear corner? :rofl:

Had a good time out there, LSR is an interesting event/sport. Thanks for allowing my dodge self tag along on this one!

Oh, and I got complete faith this one is just one of those simple matters that can be resolved, and hopefully by the next run is!

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

ben

could the ficm or ecm oveheating cause tht ?