Casper goes BOOM at CalSpeedway.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Charger spooled nice. Datalogging took a crap AGAIN. :mad: Notebook to blame.

Put a 2900 msec tune in it, it made 38PSI when I glanced at the gauge, and went 11.4 @ 118. In fourth gear. :D Yup, I went through the traps in fourth on 28" diameter drag radials. No smoke whatsoever.

Since I didn't get data, I did it again. The engine REALLY wanted to go, so it creeped a bit. I launched, and got wheelhop and spin. A short while down the track, BANG!! Sounded like a grenade went off under the truck. It was still accelerating, but the rears were now spinning wildly. I immediately get over to the side incase I was leaking, and let out of the throttle. Then gently applied the brakes in case my tires were oiled.

Well, I did oil the track. Sorry folk. First time in Casper after 600+ passes.

I blew transfer case gear pieces through the case and 20' out. Lots of schrapnel.

Pieces of Lucky Rat transfer case are for sale at the snackbar! :D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
No doubting Casper had one hell of a long run at 750+hp for a long time. How is the transmission? Im assuming its fine?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
No doubting Casper had one hell of a long run at 750+hp for a long time. How is the transmission? Im assuming its fine?

I think it is fine. Casper will still move under his own power. Autopsy will begin Monday.

McRat has to make the hard boiled eggs, since I can't boil water :rofl: So the hampters can make their Easter eggs :D

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I think it is fine. Casper will still moves under his own power. Autopsy will begin Monday.

McRat has to make the hard boiled eggs, since I can't boil water :rofl: So the hampters can make their Easter eggs :D

haha, I remember those days of Easter Egg's. Glad to hear everyone is ok.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I was stage right behind pat when he ade his run and wached it explode it was quite a sight :eek: pat did a nice job of getting it over to the side in short manner. video cameras always dead when you need it :mad:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I was stage right behind pat when he ade his run and wached it explode it was quite a sight :eek: pat did a nice job of getting it over to the side in short manner. video cameras always dead when you need it :mad:

Thanks again for calling me and letting me know :hug:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Put a 2900 msec tune in it, it made 38PSI when I glanced at the gauge, and went 11.4 @ 118. In fourth gear. :D Yup, I went through the traps in fourth on 28" diameter drag radials. No smoke whatsoever.

Alright, that's what I like to hear, no smoke. Sorry for the bad luck with the case, but get another and get back to testing. :D

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Sorry

Get that animal running. I'm just glad it wasn't the motor! When I first seen the post thats what I thought before I looked.:( Jeff