Can you paint a drive shaft?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Drive shaft on my lml looks rusted. Can I paint it? It really bothers me that it's a brand new truck and rusted parts. I just painted the exhaust black so at least its not black frame rails silver exhaust and a rusted drive shaft but I want it all black if possible. Just looks cheap

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Drive shaft on my lml looks rusted. Can I paint it? It really bothers me that it's a brand new truck and rusted parts. I just painted the exhaust black so at least its not black frame rails silver exhaust and a rusted drive shaft but I want it all black if possible. Just looks cheap

you worried about throwing it off balance or something?

I painted mine with POR-15 no probs!

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
x3.... rattle can on the frame, exhaust, driveshaft, crossmembers on mine. If it chips of flakes, scuff it, spray it again. Makes the undercarriage look 10x better

LReiff

bad ground
Oct 2, 2010
I buy spray paint by the case. If we have a customers truck on the lift, rusty driveshafts get painted. Just another way to know that we were under the truck and keep folks happy. No on appreciates a rusty shaft.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I buy spray paint by the case. If we have a customers truck on the lift, rusty driveshafts get painted. Just another way to know that we were under the truck and keep folks happy. No on appreciates a rusty shaft.

:rofl:

The shaft on my RC is steel. The place that shortened it for me sanded it, painted it and balanced it for me.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
The one that used to be in the car was neon pink, because I could. :rofl: