Question: Called out by an ecoboost

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
There is no way he knows what's done to my truck. The only thing he knows is that it's tuned with exhaust. I did some facebook creeping on him and found he had a 2004 6.0 gas before buying the ecoboost. Maybe that's why he thinks it's so fast. Doesn't look like he has been to the track based on his pics. Ive raced all my life so I can drive OK.

He says he wants to so this next Saturday night. I'm thinking I'm going to pull some weigT out(1000lbs of tools,back seat and spare) lower tire pressure to 30psi and try to 4x4 launch at 12 psi in Robs 230 tune. If it goes down I'll get a video.

I'll put $100 on it.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
There is no way he knows what's done to my truck. The only thing he knows is that it's tuned with exhaust. I did some facebook creeping on him and found he had a 2004 6.0 gas before buying the ecoboost. Maybe that's why he thinks it's so fast. Doesn't look like he has been to the track based on his pics. Ive raced all my life so I can drive OK.

He says he wants to so this next Saturday night. I'm thinking I'm going to pull some weigT out(1000lbs of tools,back seat and spare) lower tire pressure to 30psi and try to 4x4 launch at 12 psi in Robs 230 tune. If it goes down I'll get a video.

I'll put $100 on it.

Install a little spray and use it if you need it. Then you are bringing a gun to a knife fight. Lol.

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
I was thinking about spaying in the future anyway. I've got a bottle from a previous buuld. Is it okay to spray without a retune? I'm still on factory head bolts and injectors/cp3. I've spayed/blown up a lot of gas engines but this is my first Diesel.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
diesels love spray or anything that adds more air. no retune needed as long as you dont go nuts on the size jet (or lack there of a jet lol)

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH

I'll put $100 on it.

If you loose your banned from this forum. Lol or come back we'll make you faster!!!

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I was thinking about spaying in the future anyway. I've got a bottle from a previous buuld. Is it okay to spray without a retune? I'm still on factory head bolts and injectors/cp3. I've spayed/blown up a lot of gas engines but this is my first Diesel.

I don't think you'll need it. Your truck should run 12.6s-12.9s all day.

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
^ :happy: there you go..

I don't think you need to be worried. Reduce a little weight, lower the tbars and go for it.

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
My uncle has an eco boost and I would run him for pinks any day of the week!!!!! Idk why you're worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
Well this is supposed to happen next weekend. I was trying to get him sooner but he said he had to go out of town. I'll have a camera rolling.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
I watched one race in the 1/8th the other night, he was running 9.3s, 9.2s on a hard launch. When I had my lift on and 35s with a stock trans tuning I was running 8.8s. I wouldn't hesitate to throw some money down since you have a built trans.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Here's what it looked like from inside my buddies ecoboost racing against my old silver truck. This was before the dual cp3's, and he was running a small tune.

[youtube]AD1xbMXwJ2s[/youtube]