California trip: thanks Guy, Mike, and Dan

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I just got back from my trip to Southern California with a couple of my buddies (Coker6365 and Al's max). We had a great time, and we are looking forward to going back in the future. It seems there is never enough time to do everything you want to do, but I wanted to take a minute to give a big thanks to the businesses who took time out of their days to visit with us and let us check out their facilities. Guy and Lorenzo went out of their way to make us feel welcome and took several hours away from their busy schedules to go though their facilities with us and show us the different processes they utilize to make sure the motors and products coming out of their shop are second to none. It is always good to visit with Mike, but getting to check out his shop and spend more than 15 or 20 minutes on the phone was pretty cool. He has a lot of stories and experience. I'm grateful for all the help he has provided to me through the years, and it was very nice to finally make it out to his place. When we were getting ready to leave, he told us that PPE was just around the corner and suggested we stop in. Even though we gave no notice, Dan and Joe both took time out of their day to take us through their space and show us what all PPE has to offer. They have some neat products available that I wasn't even familiar with, and we all really enjoyed looking at the awesome motors they had in display and seeing all the magazine article plaques for the many projects they have been involved in. I'm really glad I got to stop in and spend time with all three businesses, and I'm looking forward to doing more business with all three of them in the future. Thanks again for making our trip so enjoyable and educational.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Enjoyed the heck out of it! Definately a trip for the record books. Can't wait to make the rounds again.

Guy, Lorenzo, Mike, Joe, and Dan, can't thank you guys enough for making the trip such a unique experience. All of you took time out of your busy schedules to make sure we had the unique experience of a lifetime. This hospitality is exactly what makes our diesel sport worth every bit of the blood, sweat, and tears we all put into it.

Now the three of us guys crammed into an SS Camaro convertable with all our luggage sporting the top down around Malibu and Santa Monica was pretty unforgettable too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Al's max

Jul 29, 2014
Texas
I couldn't say it any better myself!! I was blown away by the time Guy and Lorenzo spent with us. Their shop is top notch and it was exciting to see parts of my build happening their. It was great putting a face to MikeL and seeing his shop. He clearly is an encyclopedia on lots of transmissions. He failed to hide all his sheep though!!! PPE had an unbelievable amount of parts on hand and Joe and Dan took time to show us around. Thanks to Josh and Richard for chauffeuring me around California.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Too bad you guys were only able to make it to Southern California... Northern California is a whole different animal.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Nice. Glad you guys were able to check out SoCal and have a good safe trip. I know I need to make more down there. A day bs-ing with Mike isn't enough