Bumpers or no bumpers

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I have front and rear Frontier replacement bumpers and ive been debating on whether or not to take them off. The main reason for taking them off is because they add alot of weight and ill be doin alot more drag racing this year so any unneccesary weight id like to get rid of. The only thing stopping me from taking them off is because they add such good protection and I go out to my ranch alot. Ive hit deer and you cant even tell where or if a deer a hit it. If I get rid of the rear bumper im gonna consider a roll pan and for the front I wanna do the SS front bumper. Im also gonna be lowering my truck a few inches front and back so im not sure how the big bumpers will look lowered like that. So who thinks they should go and who thinks I should keep them?

Ill add some pics of them later

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
you are having the same delima all us racers go through once we start doing it :D here was my truck before i got the bug :rofl: you know what choices i made :D

i67654.jpg

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Lol ya, your truck is stripped now compared to that pic. No more bumper, toolbox, steps, or mudders. Im stuck right in the middle at this point. Go fast....Or Go Offroad.....I wish I could do both.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Lol ya, your truck is stripped now compared to that pic. No more bumper, toolbox, steps, or mudders. Im stuck right in the middle at this point. Go fast....Or Go Offroad.....I wish I could do both.

Offroading is boring compared to drag racing.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
James mine are coming off as soon as I can find a front bumper. But I'm going to keep mine that way I can put it on in the fall during the rut. That's when I hit the most deer.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Hey while your there see if they have any GMC bumpers laying around. The local wrecking yard here won't sell me any. They told me they keep every one of them they get because they are rare. And they need them to sell as front clip packages.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I'm thinking about the base model Iron Bull bumper, waiting on a price right now :D

I have to say if I didnt wanna go fast so bad id have an Iron Bull on my truck. They look sick. I would do an Alien Patrol or Road Armor but they take forever to make and ship the bumper, if you even get it at all. Bill at Iron Bull is good to do business with. I bought the steps on Jeffs truck off of him, then when I went to install them I realized that we both missed that we had different body styles. The pricing is better than anyone elses too.

Shane- whenever it is I go to Orig-Equip ill see if they have a GMC for ya.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I have a Diamond B rear replacement. I started looking up roll pans the other day and I think I remember them being anywhere from 150 and up. Just kinda depends on what you want.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I have a Diamond B rear replacement. I started looking up roll pans the other day and I think I remember them being anywhere from 150 and up. Just kinda depends on what you want.

Alright cool....Ill probably go with a nice roll pan but im not quite sure yet.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i got my roll pan on a sale from stylin concepts for 99.99 plus shipping . normally 149.00 dont know if they are still on sale though .