Building track bars

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Anyone have a link of someone building their own track bars? I am wanting to build my own out of square tubing. Before the turbo went out I had wheel hop like crazy. Im just looking for a diy thread. I dont know where to run them a to b. Thanks

calabria69

Beerstud1
Oct 8, 2008
Santaquin, Utah
When I did mine I welded underneath the axle between the leaf and shock made it the same pitch as the drive line and welded a bracket on the frame...1-1/2 tubing is what I used....

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
ballisticfabrication.com has everything you need to build them. as far as a diy, they're pretty self explanitory. just find a pic of some you like and copy the picture.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Ok I was thinking more like ladder bars instead maybe with three points of contact one on a bracket on the frame using a johnny joint and two going to a bracket on the axle but I I don't know what kind of joint to use here does anyone have any idea? I think more johnny joints would be a little costly bearing they are about 50 a piece and I would need 6 and this is supposed to be cheaper lol I was going to use hein joints but I read that they don't usually hold up to daily driving to well

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Ya I know it will save in the long run. I was told the rubber ones barely last six months and I figure if im going to some I might as well get ones that can be rebuilt

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok I was thinking more like ladder bars instead maybe with three points of contact one on a bracket on the frame using a johnny joint and two going to a bracket on the axle but I I don't know what kind of joint to use here does anyone have any idea? I think more johnny joints would be a little costly bearing they are about 50 a piece and I would need 6 and this is supposed to be cheaper lol I was going to use hein joints but I read that they don't usually hold up to daily driving to well

the frame mount will need a shackle that goes from teh frame mount to the traction bar so no bind is created throughout the suspension cycle and the rear two axle mounts dont need to be johnny joints or hiems, a good poly bushing or derlin bushing is plenty as those two points are stationary and will never move once bolted to the axle.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Anti squat, pivot points, bushings used, type of material used, structure, ect. There is a bit of thought needed to be put into them

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
On the three points of connection of the ladder bar one goes on the frame, one goes to the bottom of the axle, but where does the third one go and how would you attach it?