Brett Deutsch's current motor finally on the engine dyno!

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I understand the situations where a product could affect someone's build or reliability and people would like to know to save themselves heartache but in most cases it's nothing more then being noisy and and feeding off of others failures to make ones self feel better and to have something to talk to others to sound impressive.

The Kansan

Aug 30, 2013
Topeka, KS
Sad to hear. That trucks straight up rips and that setup he had seemed to just work. I hope everything works out for brett on his new setup and that the trucks sees some track time this year.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I dont think many of the guys posting care about the drama. Just curious if the motor failed, trans or what. Some like seeing the good and the bad to learn.

new york lly

I really do care!!
Feb 8, 2014
Buffalo NY
I understand the situations where a product could affect someone's build or reliability and people would like to know to save themselves heartache but in most cases it's nothing more then being noisy and and feeding off of others failures to make ones self feel better and to have something to talk to others to sound impressive.

a lot of truth in this statement right here

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
What I find comical about this is that people always seem to be surprised when a failure happens. I've worked in the engine building industry primary circle track. Let me tell you just because its "built" don't mean shit all it means is you prepared it the best you know how,with the best possible parts. We built sprint engines for 40k a pop and it wasn't if they blew it was when they blew. We recommended changing Carrillo's every 12 shows to prevent this from happening. Just for example. At the end of the day when failures happen both parties involved owner/ builder need to fix the problem and move on. We are abusing these things beyond belief don't be surprised people!!!

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
Just sayin in general ...wasn't trying to say anything failed in this case sorry it seemed that way.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nothing ever failed with his motor. Unfortunately there was some tuning issues....but hes getting ready to dyno again very shortly and hoping they can all be resolved.

The motor that he had made more power than a stock stroke motor on the exact same fuel and air. 68/70 precision, 60% over and 10mm pump same tunes on a 3.650strokeX4.125 bore vs 3.9 strokeX4.095 bore

I have attached a dyno sheet of the stock motor vs 3.650 motor green is stock.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1460596868874.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1460596868874.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 115

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Guys you are taking this all the wrong way!

Nothing failed and there was no tuning issues. We were not happy with what we saw on the dyno in the 4 pulls we put on the motor before we had a fuel rail pressure sensor fail.

Jeremy has the motor in his shop truck now and is doing his own testing on the motor.

I'm going to try and write something up so check back a little later.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
First off I need to thanks my sponsors. Without them all this would not be possible. Once you get to the level this truck is at it cost way more then I'm willing to spend and without my sponsors the truck would just be a mild built street truck.

Danville Performance
Wagler Competition
HSP Diesel
Vibrant Performance
Exergy Performance
Bullseye Performance
Air Dog
Neal Chance Racing Converters
Rossler Transmission
Mayeda Motorsports
FlexiCorps Racing
Deutsch's Truck Repair

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Brett... Your a legit stand up dude. Hopefully you guys get everything lined out. I know everyone has bad days, hell I have more bad days than good. Like I posted earlier in this thread you have the best of the Buisness at your back. A lot of BIG names on one plate and im sure some heads are butted (not saying that's the problem)..

I'm a 10 to see a Big Daddy Don Garlits half track burn out out of your beautiful c10 and then a hell of a pass.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Wagler built me a motor to try out for the 2016 season. I didn't want to just put it in the truck and have Mark try and tune it so Mark put it on his engine dyno. Mark ran it twice with the same tuning and fuel as my old motor. The Wagler motor was lower on power then my old engine. Witch wasn't a big deal because Mark just figured it needed to be fine tuned because stroke and bore was different. Mark added a little timing and power started to come up. He made one run like this. Then he added a little more timing and went to make another run and that's when we had a problem with the fuel rail pressure sensor. From the data that Mark collected off those 4 runs he didn't fell comfortable pushing the engine any harder. It's not his engine and I trust his judgement when it comes to tuning.

The engine had a small coolant and oil leak so we took it off the engine dyno and I brought it back to Jeremy's. After talking with Jeremy we decided it was best if Jeremy did the testing first hand on this motor. So Jeremy has the motor in his shop truck and is currently beating the hell out of it.

In the mean time Jeremy has built me another motor for the 2016 season. The new built consist of the new billet Callies crankshaft, Wagler steel billet rods and Wisco forged pistons.

The truck is at HSP getting a new turbo kit built. Bullseye Power and Danville Performance sponsored some new turbo's. I'm going to be running Wagler's street intake on the new motor. Once HSP gets done with everything I will be bringing the new motor and turbo kit to Danville so Mark can run it on the engine dyno and break it in and dial the tuning in with the new Exergy fuel system.

Once again Thank you to all my sponsors!!

Can't wait to get this thing out and give Ryan Milliken a run for his money!

Also Thanks Guys for looking out for me and all the support you give!

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Here are a couple pics from the build over this winter
It's only letting me attach these two pics. I will try to add more latter. Sorry

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20160310_174625219.jpg
    IMG_20160310_174625219.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 126

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Your going to really like that intake, I can tell you HSP isn't going to like you for limited work space lol. Can't wait to see your truck back on the track. It's a work of art and was a privilege to see it in person.