Brakes upgrade after 20s and 35s

1slow01Z71

Wannabe EFILive Tuner
I love my 20s and 35s on my truck and how they look but it affected my braking quite a bit. I know 90% of people dont even bother up grading brakes when they throw heavier wheel/tire packages but Id feel awful if I ran someone over because I had larger tires then stock and I tow a utility trailer with 2 4wheelers quite often and that just exacerbates the problem. I was hoping to find a 14" rotor upgrade like what power slot makes for the half tons. I did some searching and couldnt find anything like that. I already know Im going to get better pads but I dont know what is the best for these heavy trucks. I had hawk hps pads on my Z71 and they were awesome, Im also going to upgrade to stainless lines, and better brake fluid. I was just hoping to up size the rotors for a decent price. Im not ready to step up to the wilwood kit just yet.:rofl:

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
this is the main reason Im more or less happy with my 265's and stock clear-coat-peeling PYO's...

I have 305/50/20s and theyre not bad at all. I dont like how high my truck revs on the freeway with pizza cutters on.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
brakes

Some folks on the "other site" were recommending rotorpros.com. Google search turned up quite a few people who liked their kit.

I've been looking into them b/c at 30k - my brakes are vibrating pretty bad. $400 to the door.

Has anyone here used them? If so, any significant mileage/abuse? Wondering how well they hold up.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I checked those out they look pretty decent. No way of knowing as I dont know anyone personally who has used them.