LBZ: Brake Light Switch wiring pinout

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Looking to get the wiring diagram for the brake light switch. When I replaced the booster with one from a 2011 my brake light switch came apart. I bought a new one (and another replacement), but am still having issues with the park interlock. Sometimes it releases, sometimes it does not. I don't believe it's the switch as it has done it with 2 new ones. I know the brake light switch has 6 connectors. Assuming one is for the brake lights, one for the park interlock, and one for transmission input (TCC unlock, etc). Just wondering which ones are for the park interlock so I can troubleshoot. Ideally all 6 pinouts would be great, but I'll take just the park interlock if that's all you got. When I have my trailer hooked up I can watch the display on the brake controller and as soon as I breath on the brakes, the light comes on EVERY time so I know that part of the circuit works.

Thanks in advance.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
This is a screen shot from my phone, not sure if it will work for you.
2687a06e2cb850771efd8cb329707053.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Well I'm going to ASSume I've got an issue with the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock solenoid.

Issue started when I swapped out the booster for a newer one. The brake light switch fell apart when I went to remove it. I put it back together and had issues intermittently with the shifter not wanting to come out of park. Two new GM brake light switches later and the problem comes back. My brake controller and brake lights always work (even when the shifter doesn't), so I think brake light switch is OK (plus 3 bad ones would be extremely unlikely). Others have done the booster swap with no issues too. So either I hit something while fooling around under the dash or the solenoid coincidentally started acting up at the same time.

Looking at the wiring diagram posted, the switch is powering up the solenoid as it should (so no broken wires), and since the other circuits work perfectly and 3 switches, the deduction is a bad Brake Transmission Shift Interlock.

Anyone have a part number for the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock for an 06 LBZ.