Bought a Sierra as Donortruck - now he stay

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
i dont think that removing the EGR would be here notice by Police or traffic control...
But we need to do every 2 years an emissioncontrol and technical test. No one will always reinstall this.
If the truck have complete allowed weight about 3,5 to than you need every year such an emission and technical test.
The Sierra is registered in Germany with 3.5 to that allow me to drive without some truckrestrictions. For example about 3.5 it is forbidden to use highway on sundays exception food transport or you order an exemption by the state you want pass and to have only every 2 years emission and technicalcontrols.

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
It is allow, if we pass the emissioncontrol but i dont think that this work
Diesel-Emissions are strong here.
I will not try if we could pass without EGR as it is much work to pull off and reassambly again :censored:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
A thin blocker plate can be slid between the cooler and riser from the exhaust. Leave the cooler and valve in place, turn EGR function off in the ECM. If it fails a test for some reason (visually not likely to be noticed) it takes 5 or 10 minutes to remove the blocker plate

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
A thin blocker plate can be slid between the cooler and riser from the exhaust. Leave the cooler and valve in place, turn EGR function off in the ECM. If it fails a test for some reason (visually not likely to be noticed) it takes 5 or 10 minutes to remove the blocker plate
Thats a good info. I will try it if we be at the point we go on the emissiontest. If it pass without EGR, why should i drive with one.

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
You just need to make sure to turn it off in the tune otherwise it will throw a code for insufficient flow
Yes thanks i have understand this. Until now i have no device to change anything myself on the ECM. But i guess to pass that test without EGR is near zero. Delete EGR after test is illegal and i lost roadregistration, insurance and it will be punish hart as criminal act. But i will check if there is any possibility.

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
10 hours to say Hello Fuelpump...
20240208_132613.jpg
20240208_133128.jpg
Friends advice me to clean the engine with Dry Ice but i fear this will press all the dirt in the open connections from the Engine.... and cleaning complete dont reach all dirt.
We will see later how we go on.
Tomorrow will we bring the Pump and the Injectors to the Bosch-Shop for the Functional Test
20240208_131138.jpg
The Turbo have a radial movement. Not sure if we go with a new Turbo or let this one rebuild
20240208_131216.jpg
20240208_131222.jpg
It is always one Bolt which is like this
20240208_094109.jpg

Reactions: DAVe3283 and Dm23

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
All turbos will have radial movement, as long as it doesn't allow the compressor wheel to touch the housing I'd leave it alone. Axial in / out movement should be little to none

Reactions: 2004LB7

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
All turbos will have radial movement, as long as it doesn't allow the compressor wheel to touch the housing I'd leave it alone. Axial in / out movement should be little to none
Yes i know i searched for Garret and there is said 0,06-0,5 mm radial movement dependent on the Series. I didnt measure ours just notice there is movement which "feel" by hand more than 0,5 mm. I didnt hear during drive anything and also during stand was nothing uncommon noise. All we check and do on the engine ist just for precaution as i dont want go after restorating the truck again in a failure. The drivetrain runs well by disambling. No real need to touch anything. I dont go so far in a complete remanufactoring of the engine. Compressiontest was pretty good. But all other will be check and exchange like waterpump, oilpump, Vibrationdamper, all ruberhoses, check of the common rail system... this should give 95% safety for a sucessful run next 20-30 years in our service 😇

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
Worst case scenario happened...
The most injectores are worn out but still inside the allowed parameters.
No one knows when they will fail - nothing which is recommondated to put them in again. Bosch have an information about lifespan of injectors => around 300000 km. Truck have 147000 Miles.

Two are bad und must replace.

Bosch have Repairkits but they are not able to order for Germany 🙈 Bosch dont deliver to their German Bosch Shops as they are here not allow.
They are only licenced for USA, Canada and Mexico.

New Injectors 7200 Euro - the 500 Euro for Testing is free and will be not charged if we buy there the Injectors. Include this price is also 200 Euro for testing the Pump.

The Pump is in good condition.

Aftermarket non-Bosch Injectors are not a solution for us

This mean bring him back on road will take a year longer...

Attachments

• Failed Injectors Bosch Service.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
I will check this Option but import fees/taxes and shipping is usually 50% add on the costs plus i have to pay the 500 Euro for checking the old injectors which they not more charge if i buy new in this shop.
Which is the username of Brad to ask him?

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
So i have done a bit research and it is anyway cheaper to import myself injectors than buy these in a german Shop.
They add a lot of profit on these parts, like usual ... i should be able to got the injectors imported myself for 5000 Euro at my door as the usually price for a set new Bosch Injectors for the LBZ is around 3800 Dollar.
Beside this does the German Bosch-shop use a wrong partnumber
The use LMM Injectors number in their diagnosis tool 0445-120-082 I have no clue if this give a different result.
I have contact them about this error.
The right LBZ Injectors have the Bosch Partnumber 0445-120-042
I have to pay 640 Euro for the test of Injectors and Pump. So i want a test with the correct values.

I know now how i have to expect on the Engine. But to build him up now make no sense.
I lost warranty on my Chevy remanufactored Engine and Transmission as i do it to early in 2022. The Chevy is still not ready - a lot of timeconsuming electric is still to do (Dakota Digital, Compushift Controller 4L80e...)
That shall not happen again on the Sierra.
The intention for the test on the Injectors and Pump was to know how much i need from our Budget for the Truck on the Engine Section

20240217_150452.jpg

20240217_150517.jpg

Last edited: