Bolt diagram!

DuraLb7Max

Dec 18, 2014
Rebuilding the motor. Cam mounting bolts? I went to a dealership and bought more. They got misplaced when I had the heads done and the block honed. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. I'm a newbie trying to make my way.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sounds like someone has a can of bolts sitting there and doesnt remember where they all went. Thats why its always recommended (and so important) to bag up everything, label it and have it in one place as you disassemble....

I highly doubt there is a "bolt diagram" anywhere. Best bet is to post pictures of what you've got questions of and someone will probably know what they are and where they go. As for missing bolts, maybe one of the guys parting an engine has them, or you may just have to buy another set at the dealer.

Last edited:

DuraLb7Max

Dec 18, 2014
Thank you yes that's what happen. I'm usually good about remembering where everything goes, but I moved out of turn for a job and then got my finger crushed still waiting on another surgery. Truck has almost been sitting here a year. Rookie mistake. Life happened and I didn't prepare for it. I hope to do better next time. Majority of the bolts are accounted for and yes most are all in a box together.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Sounds like someone has a can of bolts sitting there and doesnt remember where they all went. Thats why its always recommended (and so important) to bag up everything, label it and have it in one place as you disassemble....

I highly doubt there is a "bolt diagram" anywhere. Best bet is to post pictures of what you've got questions of and someone will probably know what they are and where they go. As for missing bolts, maybe one of the guys parting an engine has them, or you may just have to buy another set at the dealer.
I did this. Worked great till the bags got torn and now I have a pile of miscellaneous bolts and studs I need to figure out that go where lol.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I did this. Worked great till the bags got torn and now I have a pile of miscellaneous bolts and studs I need to figure out that go where lol.

Must've been inferior construction of those Canadian Ziploc bags? :roflmao:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Canadian ziploc are made from baby seal stomach. They don't rip.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk