Body Control Module

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have searched through the forum and even on google, but have not found a DIY on locating and uninstalling the Body Control Module from a 2008 CCLB LMM. Does anyone have a link or any information? Thank you in advance.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Why do you want to uninstall the BCM...?

Absolutely nothing on the truck will work without it hooked up..........

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I want to put a newer version (GM Part from a 2010 truck) of the BCM in my truck as I was told that the BCM from a 2008 from flaky with my new OEM 2013 Navigation units and that GM won't acknowledge that the firmware is flaky. I am having issues with it so I bought a new version of it and I am going to have get it reflashed. So I would like to know where it is located and how to remove it to install the new one.

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I also just been having major issues with my electronics in the truck since I installed the NAV unit so I want to eliminate any issues I am having to see if it will fix the issues.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
It's directly under the wheel.

Not on a 2007.5-2014 truck truck it isnt...

its mounted vertically under the dash off to the left of the steering column...it has like 7 plugs going into it....pink, light blue, brown, black, white, etc. About the size of an old VHS video tape.

Ben

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Not on a 2007.5-2014 truck truck it isnt...

its mounted vertically under the dash off to the left of the steering column...it has like 7 plugs going into it....pink, light blue, brown, black, white, etc. About the size of an old VHS video tape.

Ben

Is it hard to get too even with the drivers side under dash panel removed. I have had it removed. Is it way back near the firewall? I need to completely remove it to install the new one.

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Update

I have removed the old BCM already do you happen to know the newest part number for the Body Control Module for the year 2007.5 to 2010 as I was told that the part number is 25835966. I do not know if it is the newest part number and also does it work in other model years or is there a newer part number available. Thank for your assistance!

mbc230

Apr 18, 2013
St. Louis, MO
So here is an update to my BCM saga. I got the new Body Control Module installed and programmed it with my VIN and the truck did the same thing with my dash lights staying on and the Radio not turning on when you put the ignition in the "ACC" position. So I was told I could find a VIN with the same options as mine for a different model year. I was told by Greg from CPS A/V that it would be best to find a 2009 to 2010 model year VIN with my same options. So I found one that is really close to mine and I flashed my BCM with that VIN and low and behold my trucks works perfectly. The radio comes on as it should the dash lights go on and off as they should. But now my remote start will not work as well and I have a Check Engine Light. The code that I pulled is:

Body Control Module
U1511 Symptom 00
Inter-device Dedicated Bus Lost
Communication with Device 1

This was pulled using a Tech2. Does anyone know if all the VIN numbers on all modules (ECU, BCM, TCM, etc.) need to match in order for that code to clear or what the code even means? I also need a VIN that is closest to my VIN with the same options for model year 2009 / 2010. I have verified that it is my BCM firmware that is causing all my problems with this new radio. I was wondering if we had an programming experts out there that can help me with this. Can anyone offer some help / assistance? Thank in advance.

Last edited: