Help: Blown head gasket/s or.....?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Well I think I might have done it finally. But I am not positive....so here's what going on

I'm losing coolant with no signs of leaking anywhere
It's not going through coolant terribly fast
Checked my upper radiator hose the other morning an it was firm, but when I checked it this morning it was fine, not pressurized.
After I run the truck and let it sit, I'll check the coolant and its low, but if I pop the cap and relieve the pressure the coolant level comes back up to almost normal.

Can't the coolant caps cause some sort of issue that resembles head gasket failure? Or am I am idiot?

Thanks dudes

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
So do you ever have to add coolant ? Or it just looks low and when you uncap it the level comes back to normal? Yes the cap can play games with you a little.I would just keep and eye on it and keep driving it till the hose stays hard over night a few times then just change them or if your worked about it just do them and get them over with.

brandon06dmax

the reckoning
Apr 29, 2013
jactionville nc
now im no expert on dmaxes but on a gasser trust me when a head gasket lets go you no about it white smoke coming from the exhaust and out from under the hood

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
After you let it sit overnight, it should not be hard. Which is what hes talking about...if it appears hard after sitting.

My bad I misread what was being said

Now is he checking this before he starts it in the morning or right after its started from a cold start

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
It was a little firm one morning and not firm the next. I got a low coolant level after being backed up a steep driveway parked overnight. So I pulled it level and uncapped the tank and the level rose to about 3/4" below the full line. So I filled it up to full.

I drove around on stock tuning for that day and kept the boost down and the motor never reached 210*. The next morning no pressure in the system, soft hose. So I decided to put it on kill and romp the shit out of it for a bit. Popped the hood and noticed the level was low so I uncapped it and it rose to about 3/4"-1" below the full line. The only thing that has me concerned is the low coolant message on the DIC :(

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
This is full cold after sitting for 2 days, I'm squeezing as hard as I can on the hose :rofl:

[YOUTUBE]gmID8Ca7hG0[/YOUTUBE]

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
That's the plan. I'm gonna baby it and if it stays good I'm gonna let er eat a little. If coolant disappears I'm gonna drive the truck off a cliff.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I know the breather hole on the side of it can't be blocked or shuting the venting off.Someone on here just had great pics of a cap with problems and I can't remember who it was....maybe Snowbound98 or Verkeria .....I know I murdered his name but can't remember how to spell it lol.