blow off valve in

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I finally got my blow off valve in. It was going to go on my buddies truck but hes going back to stock so I took it and got it on before my cheetah comes :D. I put it right before the intake on the actual IC pipe instead of cutting the boot its not laggy at all like the instructions said it might be. Thanks to the mouse and chris for the info on tuning the thing. Whole lots of fun.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah Im the only one in town with one as far as i know. have definately broken some necks already :rofl:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Would this help curb turbo bark on the VVT turbo's when you get off of hard throttle at the end of a pull?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It should stop turbo bark, Dale.

Jordan, how did you hook it up to get it to open? If I understand correctly, on a gasser they use vacuum the vacuum created in the intake manifold when the throttle is closed to open the BOV, but we never see vacuum in our intake, especially not when the turbos are creating boost. I know BD makes one that is electonic and ties into the TPS, but it looks like you have a line running into the top of yours. Did you just put in a weaker spring and run drive pressure into the top to keep it closed, then when the drive pressure goes away the boost blows the valve open because of the weaker spring?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
It should stop turbo bark, Dale.

Jordan, how did you hook it up to get it to open? If I understand correctly, on a gasser they use vacuum the vacuum created in the intake manifold when the throttle is closed to open the BOV, but we never see vacuum in our intake, especially not when the turbos are creating boost. I know BD makes one that is electonic and ties into the TPS, but it looks like you have a line running into the top of yours. Did you just put in a weaker spring and run drive pressure into the top to keep it closed, then when the drive pressure goes away the boost blows the valve open because of the weaker spring?

No no id never want just a pop off sort of valve. I do have the BD kit. You have to have the spool valve which is where my boost reading goes to and the line off the top of the valve. The spool valve is then hooked into a little adjustable processor BD supplies in order to make it all work. The main thing is that it senses the voltage fluctuation in the TPS, and then you can basically adjust how responsive it is.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
why did you put it post-IC and not right after compressor outlet (pre-IC)? I was told the closer to the compressor outlet the better for response...C.A.P. has his that way too.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
why did you put it post-IC and not right after compressor outlet (pre-IC)? I was told the closer to the compressor outlet the better for response...C.A.P. has his that way too.

Chris did his nice by getting an aluminum elbow which is very nice. I didnt have an aluminum 90* and I didnt want to cut the silicone elbow so i put it on the actual pipe. Once the solenoid clicks it unleashes...zero lag.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Since it is TPS actuated it won't help at all with bark caused by the tires breaking loose then catching, will it? I'm going to get one regardless to help prolong the life of my Cheetah but was just wondering.

Last edited:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Got mine hooked up today too :D 68skylark did the install and Zach Fuller actually sold it to me and helped tune it in. It goes off with a 25% tps let off, we used efi scan tool and watched the throttle position to tune it............and yes, it cures turbo bark :D We had to use the stock boost tube for now since the pedistal is aluminum and the Banks boost tube is steel. I have the steel pedistal now and will be swapping it out in the next few weeks, after I get a chance to paint it red :coolspot:

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 64
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 66
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 58
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 68
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 67

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Got mine hooked up today too :D 68skylark did the install and Zach Fuller actually sold it to me and helped tune it in. It goes off with a 25% tps let off, we used efi scan tool and watched the throttle position to tune it............and yes, it cures turbo bark :D We had to use the stock boost tube for now since the pedistal is aluminum and the Banks boost tube is steel. I have the steel pedistal now and will be swapping it out in the next few weeks, after I get a chance to paint it red :coolspot:

Looks like you where keeping "Stroker Larry" busy :hello:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Scare anyone yet Larry? :rofl: Nice to have "turbo insurance" that is also fun;)

The BOV is Funnnnnnn! The "WTF" looks it gets venting 32psi of boost are Priceless:spit: