Blow by past injector body

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Was racing a built motor Subaru last night... After the race my truck started a small tick. Drive to where we park and it was very loud. Number 1 injector was wet on the outside. And you can feel the compression blowing past. I don't know what would have cause this? Haven't had a problem for 2,000 miles since injector install with new coppers.

Could the hold down be bent?

Blew the copper washer out?

Blew the o ring?

Just wasn't seated?

I won't know until tomorrow when I year into it...

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I hope your copper ain't broke in 2 or even 3 pieces. I've had them like that before and it's sketchy removing them where they could fall into the cylinder. Big q tip with grease packed on it, or a pick is your friend depending how intact it is.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Sure do Chavis!!! :thumb:

How can I tell or "why" would I need to pull the head?

Sometimes the nozzle swells and won't come out. But it prob. Will I lifted three last year. Billet hold downs are a must. When mine did it ruined two of the three nozzles and I shut it down instantly in each case. It's a craps shoot.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Sometimes the nozzle swells and won't come out. But it prob. Will I lifted three last year. Billet hold downs are a must. When mine did it ruined two of the three nozzles and I shut it down instantly in each case. It's a craps shoot.

I welded a lugnut to a cv style impact swivel, then welded a adapter to the other half. Screwed that on to a slid bar hammer. Screws onto injector fuel fitting. Works well!

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Hold down bolt was loose... Spin with my finger loose. Had to go gone to get my crows feet for the connector line. Then I will pull out and inspect.