blocks vs. leaves

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
dual purpose 4 inch block. or 2 inch with add a leaf. and yeah going with traction bars. thanks

I dont pull, but I did just switch from 4" blocks to 2" blocks with an add-a-leaf. Night and day difference! The truck actually rides better now and axle wrap has almost disapeared.

I went with a straight cut (no taper) 2" solid steel block and a ProComp leaf.

Hope this helps...

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
now you lowered your 6 inch down to 4 in the front im taking it. How does it sit with the 2 inch and leaf? equal or a slight rake to it? thanks thats what im wanting to hear.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
I have a 6" lowered to 4" with add a leaf rides good with a little too much rake for me. This winter i will be raising the front about an inch to help level out cv shafts and improve ride because i bottom out my shocks.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
My CV's are up a tad from level and the rear is maybe .5" higher than the front. Damn near sits level.

Not sure where the front is as far as overall lift. I can lock out the steering either way, forward and reverse with no rubbing. I have 10" wheels with a 4.5" BS on 35's.
aefe0c79-fafe-0d21.jpg

This is a pic from when I still had the 4" blocks, front hasnt changed since March of last year.

Last edited:

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Interesting. okay may have to go that route. Nice looking truck BTW:thumb:

I had began typing a write up about how to install the add a leaf without pulling the whole leaf pack but after a while I started to confuse myself! Lol!

If you end up going that route shoot me a PM and I can give you directions over the phone. Also, the add a leaf goes in between the leaf with the spring clamps attached to it and the rest of the pack.

When I get home I will do a write up with pics about installing them with the leafs still in the truck.

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
I did my add a leaf yesterday and took 2 hrs not too bad, got 2 in of lift and it actually made it ride better since the new leaf curls so much more than others, it is actually the only spring that flexes while unloaded so it makes for a softer ride

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.763689,-92.467338
2011 Ferd F-teenthousand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk