Blew turbo hose off. Truck won't run

f419sr1

Apr 24, 2018
The hose-pipe that runs from the intercooler to the intake blew. As i was pulling off the side of the road the truck stalled. I was able to put a couple hose clamps on the edge of the hose to try to get it off the side of the road. I will start hard and run for a few seconds then dies again.It was towed to a dealer.The dealer replaced the hose and it keeps stalling. They said they have no idea on why this is happening and have to have a factory rep come out and look at it. Has anyone had this or herd of this problem before.
2015 dmax

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
How long did you drive it with the blown IC tube? If you drove a while probably plugged the DPF. Doesn't take long hundred miles or less could face plug DOC and or DPF. Can't believe dealer can't figure that out though

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

f419sr1

Apr 24, 2018
It had a total of 9 codes. 8 injector imbalance and a mass air flow code. I clearer them hoping i could get off the highway but it did nothing.
I went right over to the shoulder when it blew. 1/4 to a 1/2 mile tops.
The dealer is telling me that they wont cover it under warranty because i have aftermarket parts on the truck. Bypass oil filter, a fass lift pump and a banks water injection that wasn't being used but still hooked up. None would have anything to do with what happened. They the dealer is being nice about it. they haven't documented it but are telling me if the rep comes out they will not cover it. My problem is Im 180 miles away from where the truck is.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I think I’d have them pop the exhaust loose at the down pipe and start it.

Honestly If a dealer cannot fix a Lml no start they don’t need to be a dealership

f419sr1

Apr 24, 2018
i just spoke with them and they did exactly that and it ran. Said they ordered some parts but wouldn't tell me what they ordered.I mentioned the emissions but they didn't listen. A friend blew a turbo and clogged the emission system.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
i just spoke with them and they did exactly that and it ran. Said they ordered some parts but wouldn't tell me what they ordered.I mentioned the emissions but they didn't listen. A friend blew a turbo and clogged the emission system.

Dpf is plugged.

They are probably warranting it

f419sr1

Apr 24, 2018
So after arguing a little about the parts they will warranty it. They put a new hose on. Wont run. Took the exhaust off and it runs. Ordered a new DPF and got codes. Ordered the rest of the exhaust with what ever it comes with. Still throwing codes. Replaced some sensors. Still throwing codes. Ordered hopefully the last of the sensors and they will be in on thursday. I ask why one piece at a time. Said they can only do what GM allows. Sucks I havnt had my truck for two weeks.