Bigger injectors to lower EGTS

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Your running a 72vvt, brandon06max is running a fixed 475. Big difference. I do find it hard to believe a vvt turbo pushed hard is only hitting 1200 deg. You sure your prob isn't bad? Where is your prob located? Not calling you a liar, but your probably the only guy with that cool of egts with a vvt turbo.

And I was the other guy to say I didn't belive him.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Your running a 72vvt, brandon06max is running a fixed 475. Big difference. I do find it hard to believe a vvt turbo pushed hard is only hitting 1200 deg. You sure your prob isn't bad? Where is your prob located? Not calling you a liar, but your probably the only guy with that cool of egts with a vvt turbo.

No my prob isn't bad. It's located in driver manifold in my Ppe manifold port. My 68mm with stock sticks saw 1600 easy in the quarter mile on big tune. Ill post a video for y'all to prove it. This is my third tune also, not biggest tune.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
No my prob isn't bad. It's located in driver manifold in my Ppe manifold port. My 68mm with stock sticks saw 1600 easy in the quarter mile on big tune. Ill post a video for y'all to prove it. This is my third tune also, not biggest tune.

Open that bitch up!! What are you waiting for?? You bring hope of low egts and DP to the vvt world. lol

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
My sticks are 80% and stock c holds up fine @ 1800 usec. My race tune is 2750 usec and the rail comes down 3500 psi. Not a great idea to do this I am sure. The truck is still making hp with a 3500 psi drop. One day it will get built motor and dual fuelers. I run around with a 1200 usec tune and truck runs fine and coooooool egt's.:D

I just don't see it, unless your CP3 was replaced by your wife without you knowing lol (would be nice!!)

There is no way possible you are actually running 2750us on 80% overs and even remotely holding rail with a stock CP3. That would be roughly equal to running a 4950us tune on stock injectors... It would be like cutting the end of the rail wide open! lol

Now you might be commanding 2750, but actually dropping down to around 1800-1900us from lack of rail psi. That would be more logical for you to hold rail.

Not trying to be a dick, just talking about loud! :hug:

Last edited:

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I just don't see it, unless your CP3 was replaced by your wife without you knowing lol (would be nice!!)

There is no way possible you are actually running 2750us on 80% overs and even remotely holding rail with a stock CP3. That would be roughly equal to running a 4950us tune on stock injectors... It would be like cutting the end of the rail wide open! lol

Now you might be commanding 2750, but actually dropping down to around 1800-1900us from lack of rail psi. That would be more logical for you to hold rail.

Not trying to be a dick, just talking about loud! :hug:

Nah Kory and I tuned the truck and you are a little bit right. I have logs of when the tune was 2650 usec commanding and holding around 2380 usec. This is also with rail dropping. I will check with Kory to see if he is cool with me posting some logs. The comparison on stock injectors running 4950 is a bit off but thats a good one!:roflmao:

Last edited:

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Back on track I would do 100% injectors in a heart beat if I wind up doing another truck. I really like the idea of lower pulse tunes with low egt and easier on the injectors. The injector working half as hard and running cool egt's is a good thing. Also the ability of most good tuners out there being able to minimize the smoke makes it nice as well. :thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Nah Kory and I tuned the truck and you are a little bit right. I have logs of when the tune was 2650 usec commanding and holding around 2380 usec. This is also with rail dropping. I will check with Kory to see if he is cool with me posting some logs. The comparison on stock injectors running 4950 is a bit off but thats a good one!:roflmao:

2750 x 1.8 = 4950 last time I checked. I know it isn't exactly the same, but it shouldn't be too far off if the injectors actually flow 80% more fuel than stock. I'll go on record to say there is no way a stock CP3 will hold anywhere near 26,000 psi of rail pressure running 2750 uS of pulse width. I don't care who tuned it, it isn't possible.

With that kind of fuel, you should have enough to run deep into the 11s, maybe even high tens with a good launch and a little weight reduction. What does it do at the track?

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I may be way off, but I find it hard to believe Kory would even do that with a stock cp3 or even on a stock bottom end for a customer. Maybe though :thumb:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
That's a lot of fuel for anything stock. That's a lot period. With the 100 overs I ran I only ran 2500 us on the biggest tune. Now I have 200 overs and the biggest us 2000us.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
Don't expect lower egts with bigger injectors and a smaller pulse. Your still putting the fuel in there just in a shorter amount of time.

if fuel qty isn't increased then egt will likely drop some. The more fuel you get in before TDC the more efficient the motor will run. Spraying fuel in ATDC still provides power but not as much as BTDC because of the compression. So depending on the timing EGT's can drop. Adding air is still the best bet for lowering EGT's.

Fixed vanes are less restrictive, but take more effort to tow with and are smokier imo.

brandon06dmax

the reckoning
Apr 29, 2013
jactionville nc
with 60s and a stock lbz cp3 my biggest tune is 2250 and i hold 21000psi or more and i hear im doing very well bonestock must have a factory 10mm stoker pump lol im just joking i know u put over 700 down on the dyno

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
2750 x 1.8 = 4950 last time I checked. I know it isn't exactly the same, but it shouldn't be too far off if the injectors actually flow 80% more fuel than stock. I'll go on record to say there is no way a stock CP3 will hold anywhere near 26,000 psi of rail pressure running 2750 uS of pulse width. I don't care who tuned it, it isn't possible.

With that kind of fuel, you should have enough to run deep into the 11s, maybe even high tens with a good launch and a little weight reduction. What does it do at the track?

Never said it did hold 26000. It is desiring commanded fuel of 26000. It will hold rail to 23500 and commanding 2750 usec holding stable usec @ 2300 +. The truck is super heavey the way I have it setup. My best is 12.21 @ 112 with the truck weight right @ 8050 lbs. Lift kit wheels tires hitches tool boxes she aint light. The 60' times were 1.8x so I know it can do better. I dont mean to piss everyone of stating info about my truck. I am here to learn and share info just like everyone else. I agree as well as my tuner Kory Willis will also agree that the truck holds un real rail for the hardware in it. Sorry for the side track in thread was just trying to state that I like big injectors......

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
My .02 cents....

I tuned a local truck a while back from company X injectors and was supposed to have 30% injectors... The damn thing ended up leaving my shop with a 1100uS tune that ran mid 12s on stock cp3... The injectors were freaking MUCH bigger than what we were told they were. Does this mean 30% injectors flow that way? No. The injector data was inaccurate. Am I saying Randy's injector data is inaccurate? Nope, I don't typically even see 60% over injectors hold 2350uS on stock cp3... But his is holding nice rail for whatever injector size it has.

Feel free to post the logs man, I'm not getting in a pissing match with anyone about what size the injectors truly are or how healthy the cp3 is... I will just say your truck runs damn good and I'm surprised it's still alive! I do as any knowledgable tuner would do and hang the nuts out of the regulator and let the cp3 rip! Lol

Kory

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
On topic, I saw a drop in egt's going from stock to my 45% overs. Granted this was after my motor was built but the only change to affect it was delipped pistons and shaved .010. Race tune before would peg my 1600 gauge. With the 45s and dual pumps and a hotter tune than before, I dropped to 1550 by the end of a run. That wasn't even on a tune that was "finalized" with timing and what not.

After a couple years of tweeking, rebuilt/reworked turbo from yellowchevy, and intercooler, she's down to 1300* wot. Pretty awesome for a 550-600rwhp tow tune hehe