Best head gasket choice

Frankin_truck

Nov 22, 2013
What is everyone using for head gaskets? Are the new gm holding up? I have done a bit of searching and some people say they are good and some still like the victor ones. Been a few years now so sure someone has really pushed them?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've got 5 trucks out there with lml golds right now. Not a problem yet, a little cheaper plus my dealer keeps them in stock too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
It sounds like the LMLs hold up just fine in stock apps, but what about in twins/big singles situations like Franken's setup?? Any issues when they are used with studs?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
It sounds like the LMLs hold up just fine in stock apps, but what about in twins/big singles situations like Franken's setup?? Any issues when they are used with studs?

Every one I've done has had studs used with them. Zero issues

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
They will hold up we'll to power. The only two things to consider is the fact that there is much more clean up using them vs the old style and secondly I don't know how we'll they will hold up to milage. I have done head gaskets with 380k miles and found the older style coating had completely disintegrated. I'm not sure if the new ones will be better or worse. I wouldn't be scared to use them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
My personal opinion is any mls gasket should hold our pressures fine. The issue is keeping them clamped tight enough to keep the seal with the aluminum iron difference. You'll find a lot of slick surface gaskets in aluminum head iron block combos like copper and graphite.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
whats the difference between their mls and their "wave stopper technology"? im looking up parts on rock auto and found those 2 choices