Best Exhaust Wrap?

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
DEI makes some good stuff too, you can get a silicone spray for it too that protects the wrap from moisture and such.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
I would be careful and not wrap and spray too much because it could hold moisture in as well..read up on frozenboost.com they suggest to use a high temp paint then just wrap, if you use too much wrap or spray over wrap it could hold in too much heat and caust the steel to become very brittle and pop welds..you shouldn't use wrap where it can get wet. If I were building exhaust stuff I would use a stainless steel, spray with high temp paint (2000*+) and wrap using 1/4" overlap..

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Its all shedule 40 304 stainless. Extremely heavy duty over kill! I just want to wrap it to contain heat and keep under hood temps down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Blankets>Wrap. :)

x2 !

We use "Lava Wrap" , it made from crushed volcanic rock suposedly , its good to 2000 deg , I like it alot better than anything else i have used , its easier to wrap pipes , and doesn't make your hands "itch" , price is very reasonable as well , Race parts solutions carries it .

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Buy 2 Vents they sell for the top of hood. You cut 2 holes to match the design of the vent over the area they recommend and all the heat escapes out the vents. The Border Patrol uses them and other hot climate drivers too. Its simple the heat will rise if it has a hole above to go out and all the turbulence under the hood from the fan and road air coming up in the engine bay pushes it. Vents are like $50. Lower temps alot easy.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I run levis blankets and I like them a lot :thumb:

I had them on the truck I sold to AJ and I was less than impressed with the look of them. Sure they are effective but the way the blankets wrapped around the pipe looked like crap, not to mention the metal straps were all loose and I had to tighten every single one of them while adjusting the wrap to be somewhat presentable. As for the turbo blanket, very nice piece.

This is my opinion and that's it, so let's not get all weird about it. ;)

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I had them on the truck I sold to AJ and I was less than impressed with the look of them. Sure they are effective but the way the blankets wrapped around the pipe looked like crap, not to mention the metal straps were all loose and I had to tighten every single one of them while adjusting the wrap to be somewhat presentable. As for the turbo blanket, very nice piece.

what turbo was it wrapped around?

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho

Sorry to hear this. Had I known I would have been happy to try and make something more to your liking in the looks department. :hug:

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Mine were staring to look bad from constantly taking them on and off and leaning on them. Levi told me get some balck vht and recoat them. They look good as new. I crimped my straps once they are tight