best batteries to use for 06 duramax

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I'm running some batteries from Les Schwab. Not sure on specific brand but they are 6 years old and still kicking strong.

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
heard lots of good things about the interstate, what model battery you running?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Doesn't acdelco have some crazy good warranty?

I got 10 years so far on my optima red tops but that was before optima started making shitty batteries.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Odyssey, Deka, or Cat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last time I looked odysee did not make a side post battery so that singles out at least 01-07 not sure about lmm being top or side.

And cat batteries are overpriced like everything else they sell

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Last time I looked odysee did not make a side post battery so that singles out at least 01-07 not sure about lmm being top or side.

Odyssey model number 78-790 and 78-PC1500.

Also, cat are the cheapest out of those. And usually cheaper than buying a deka battery (I believe that's who still makes cat batteries).

Last time I was at cat it was only around 126$ for that battery. Which isn't bad at all. The batteries in our cats were by far better than any other brand.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The fact of the matter is that ALL batteries are made by one of two companies. Theres only two companies in the US that manufacture car batteries....Johnson Controls, and East Penn MFG.

Everyone else just slaps their label on them.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The fact of the matter is that ALL batteries are made by one of two companies. Theres only two companies in the US that manufacture car batteries....Johnson Controls, and East Penn MFG.

Everyone else just slaps their label on them.

Not true. Some have different specs then others even though made by same company.

Stick with OEM. They last

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Get a top post battery, cut the side post ends off, then I just got some ends from an audio store so they are still kinda covered and just tighten down the screw on the end of the wire. Has a couple other holes in case you want to add something also. http://www.carid.com/t-spec/4-gauge...PreYxKz_5qpyhcGZfGevh6unfVyRGabEIUBoCsmDw_wcB

The issue there is top post batteries are subject to corrosion, I have never in my life seen a side post battery corrode at the connection.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Odyssey, Deka, or Cat.

The 127-0826 875 CCA cat battery performs very close to the Deka and Odyssey batteries, and for the money it whips there ass Alaska dealer pricing is at 125 bucks, pretty reasonable if you ask me. It is dual terminal so hooking up stereo bs is easy.

How is 125 bucks overpriced at 875 CCA? Not many batteries have that kind of power at that price...
The issue there is top post batteries are subject to corrosion, I have never in my life seen a side post battery corrode at the connection.
All will corrode if not kept clean and sealed... I have a set of original AC delco in my truck that are corroded at the side terminals... If you keep them clean and use a battery sealer your good to go.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I bought a couple duracell agm 34/78s yesterday from Sam's club for the reg cab, 775cca $125 a piece. Read that their a relabled Deka Intimidator